Denver Direct: Money Well Spent
Saturday, April 30, 2005
Recently I heard a report on the radio that China had spent $250 million on a stem cell research facility. To date, they have tested stem cell injections on 600 spinal injury patients with positive results. One quadriplegic reported regaining the use of her hands after treatment. She stated that she thought it amazing that she had to travel to China to receive this treatment.
I couldn’t help comparing that $250 million with Denver’s proposal to spend $360 million for a new jail. I wonder how many people will be “cured” in our new facility.
at 10:08 AM
- Pile It On
- What's Wrong With Our Country?
- Money Well Spent
- Denver Police Scanner
- STOP TICKETING THE HOMELESS
- Dream of "New Justice" Center
- You Can't Believe Everything You Read (2)
- You Can't Believe Everything You Read
- Reasons to Vote No on 1A - New Jail
- New Justice Center? "It won't look like a jail".
- Vote No On 1A
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.