Thursday, September 24, 2009
Globally, Denver is tops in Greenhouse Gas Emissions. That’s right, of all of the cities in the world, Denver is #1. Ooops.
… the scientists analyzed those variations and how climate, power generation, transportation, waste processing, and other factors contributed to the differences. Denver had the highest overall GHG emissions, with levels two to five times higher than other cities. Its high levels were due partly to its high use of electricity, heating and industrial fuels, and ground transportation, they note. Los Angeles was second on the list, followed by Toronto and Cape Town (tied for third), Bangkok, New York City, London, Prague, Geneva, and Barcelona.
at 4:49 PM
- Note to Councilwoman Madison
- We’re #1!
- Poo Free Parks Proposal
- Donohue on Parks Zoning
- Pinon Canyon Expansion Blocked (Again)
- Colfax Cruise
- YouTube as Political Battleground (Updated)
- Romanoff US Senate Campaign Kickoff 9-16-09
- Lowry Vista Factual Data
- DeGette on Healthcare - Denver Town Hall - Septemb...
- What Does It Take to Fail in the Hickenlooper Admi...
- Anschutz Goes Hyperlocal
- It's About Time
- Fishing in Toxic Evaporation Pond
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.