Friday, August 23, 2013
In setting titles for initiatives, the Board is directed to “apply judicial decisions construing the constitutional single-subject requirement for bills,” and is advised to “follow the same rules employed by the general assembly in considering titles for bills.” [Matter of Title, Ballot Title & Submission Clause, & Summary with Regard to a Proposed Petition for an Amendment to Constitution of State of Colo. Adding Subsection (10) to Sec. 20 of Art. X (Amend Tabor 25), 900 P.2d 121, 124-25 (Colo. 1995), § 1–40–106.5(3)].
(d.3) NOTWITHSTANDING ANY LIMITATIONS ON REVENUE, SPENDING, OR APPROPRIATIONS CONTAINED IN SECTION OF ARTICLE X OF THE STATE CONSTITUTION OR ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, ANY REVENUES GENERATED BY THE RETAIL MARIJUANA EXCISE AND SALES TAXES IMPOSED PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPHS (d.1) AND (d.2) OF THIS SUBSECTION (5), AS APPROVED BY THE VOTERS AT THE STATEWIDE ELECTION HELD IN NOVEMBER OF 2013, MAY BE COLLECTED AND SPENT AS VOTER APPROVED REVENUE CHANGES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL VOTER APPROVAL. (see page 6 of the bill, here)
at 11:29 PM
- Development at 22nd and Marion - meeting onsite to...
- Deserted garden in the food desert at Curtis and D...
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - August 26, 201...
- Intellectual Rape of Colorado Product developers f...
- Plastic bag tax - what are the facts?
- Colorado public bank amendment (2014), Title Board...
- What is the Office of the Independent Monitor?
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - August 20, 201...
- City Park West Neighborhood
- How is a “reusable” bag defined?
- Udall plays both sides of the fence
- Billy Whitfield and Wes McKinley at Merle's in Lit...
- Stop the Greed
- Udall excludes Piñon Canyon critics from closed-do...
- Where are the free schools for Colorado kids 18 - ...
- Earth Mountain Farm hippies annual festival near T...
- 2013 National Night Out Events (Tonight Aug.6, 201...
- Forest fires a result of cloud-seeding?
- Red Cross Training
- Denver Community Emergency Response Training (Denv...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.