Denver Direct: Now this is just dumb, and a waste of time and money
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Denver Recycles Presents:
“I HEART My Purple Recycling Cart” Photo Contest
Submit a photo showing your love of recycling in the Mile High City!
DENVER, CO — January 27, 2012 — As Valentine’s Day approaches, Mayor Michael B. Hancock and Denver Public Works’ Denver Recycles announces a way for residents to “show their love” for recycling with the “I Heart My Purple Recycling Cart” photo contest. Denver residents are encouraged to submit creative photos showing their support for, and love of, recycling; however submissions must share a common theme: all photos must include the signature Denver “purple recycling cart.”
With more than 111,000 households choosing to “Go Purple” by recycling paper, bottles, containers, cans, etc., everyday, it is clear that Denver loves to recycle. Now it is your chance to show how much you love your purple recycling cart by submitting a photo that captures this love and creatively shows how your household recycles.
Mayor Hancock, Denver Public Works Manager George Delaney and Denver Recycles Operations Manager Charlotte Pitt will select a first, second and third place winner, and the best submittal under 13 years old. Prizes include four tickets to Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, four tickets to Michael Flatley’s Lord of the Dance (theatre tickets are courtesy of Arts and Venues Denver), Colorado Avalanche tickets and a ParkSmart Denver gift card.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO:
1. Email your digital photo to [email protected] by noon, Tuesday, February 14th
2. Include your name, phone number and home address in your email
3. Photos must include your Denver Recycles purple cart, without any permanent markings on it (no stickers, no spray paint, etc.)
4. Photo should illustrate your appreciation for your purple recycling cart, how or what you recycle at home, etc.
5. Digital photo should be a minimum of 500 KB and a maximum of 1000 KB
6. One photo per household
Please note that by submitting your photos you are giving the City and County of Denver permission to post them on Facebook, websites and in other promotional and printed materials. Winners will be notified through their submittal email on February 14, 2012. Also, City and County of Denver employees are not eligible to win prizes, but are welcome to submit photos.
at 8:50 AM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) Editor@DenverDirect.tv
- Broncomaniacs OK, Occupiers a threat
- Occupy Denver Solidarity with Oakland Tonight
- Live streaming now at Occupy Oakland
- Now this is just dumb, and a waste of time and mon...
- Now that's just crazy! YouTube ad scam?
- Occupy Denver livestream at 10:00 am this morning ...
- Things that make you go hmmm...
- Another Inmate for the Denver Zoo
- The Earth is Currently Being Hit by a Large Solar ...
- New American car purchase becomes adventure
- Benzene leaking into Sand Creek? What about the be...
- There goes the neighborhood, again
- Local Good News
- Preview Colorado Environmental Film Festival
- The Complete 2012 MLK Marade
- Stop Line Infractions
- Occupy Denver Revealed
- Occupy Denver Meeting Livestreaming Now
- McKinley's Trail Ride Continues
- What the Occupy Movement is about
- Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation (INC) News
- The Naysayer - Jan 2012 - Phil Goodstein
- Happy New Year!
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.