Denver Direct: Should be this way all the time
Thursday, June 28, 2012
June 27, 2012
Denver Pools pitch in to “Beat the Heat” with weekend special
Kids under 18 swim free, adult admission just $1
DENVER, CO - Denver Parks and Recreation, with support from with Mayor Michael B. Hancock’s office, today announced that starting Sunday, July 1,2012, admission to the 16 Denver outdoor pools on Saturdays and Sundays will be free for Denver youth under the age of 18 and just $1 for Denver adults 18 and over. This program will run every Saturday and Sunday from July 1 through the end of the 2012 Denver outdoor pool season, which is scheduled for August 12.
“This is the right thing for us to do to help citizens cope with the unseasonably hot weather we are experiencing,” said Lauri Dannemiller, Manager of Denver Parks and Recreation. “Making our pools more accessible on the weekends will provide more opportunities for kids and families all across Denver to stay cool during this hot summer.”
“It’s critical that we create every opportunity for our children and their families to enjoy healthy activities together,” said Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock. “Denver’s swimming pools throughout the City are great places for families to beat the heat during this hot summer.”
Denver Parks and Recreation will make sure to appropriately staff all pools to provide a safe environment at each pool to handle the maximum capacity allowed by safety code. On weekends, as on weekdays, Denver Parks and Recreation will not allow more people into the pools or pool areas than what is allowed by the established safety regulations.
at 5:19 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 30, 2012...
- Should be this way all the time
- Slam Poetry
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 24, 2012...
- Stop the Army from turning SE Colorado into their ...
- Colorado 2012 potential upcoming ballot issues
- All things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - 6/16/2012
- Chatfield Reservoir expansion with another "public...
- Kristen Iverson's book “Full Body Burden, Growing ...
- Denver - DREAM Act - Sit-in at Obama headquarters
- Denver Occupy Livestream at Obama Headquarters - n...
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux
- All things MMJ
- Enforcement of Off Leash Dogs in Denver Parks
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.