Denver Direct: What is the Meaning of the Camping Ban Ordinance to the Homeless and Denver’s Neighborhoods?
Friday, May 11, 2012
News Release Contact: Larry Ambrose
May 11, 2012 (720) 490-1991
Saturday Forum on Camping Ban Ordinance
Sponsored by City-wide Denver Neighborhood Organization, INC
Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation (INC) will hold a public forum on Denver’s proposed Camping Ban Ordinance as part of its monthly delegate meeting on Saturday, May 12, 2012, from 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. at the South Broadway Cop Shop, 407 S. Broadway (next to K-Mart, in the shopping center on the SW corner of Alameda and Broadway).
In a formal Resolution in April, INC had called on Denver City Council to postpone its May 7 vote on the controversial Camping Ban in order to give INC’s member organizations time to study the complex issues surrounding the ordinance. The Council is now scheduled to vote on the issue on Monday, May 14. The forum program and participants are listed below:
INC Forum on Denver’s Camping Ban Ordinance
Moderator Larry Ambrose, INC President
Panel: City Councilman, Albus Brooks
Commission on the Homeless/Denver’s Road Home
Denver Police Department
Downtown Residents Organization
LoDo Neighborhood Assn. and Downtown Denver Partnership
Colorado Coalition for the Homeless
A Homeless Individual
Ballpark Neighborhood Assn.
at 10:50 AM
- Back to my gardening roots
- Check you own (Colorado) voter status online and m...
- Affordable Family Fun at the People's Fair! This w...
- Report from the Street
- Long live Gary Reilly!
- On-line YouTube series
- Stay hip - metaphorically speaking
- Colorado MMJ Patients: Please Share
- INC Community News May 23, 2012
- City Park Jazz 2012 Schedule
- NATO protest livestream now.
- DENVER PARKS & RECREATION AND BIKEDENVER LAUNCH 2n...
- Denver Steps Up Enforcement of Leash Law Violation...
- Open Meeting Requirements of the Colorado Sunshine...
- McNulty still spinning
- If "zero citations and zero arrests", why do we ne...
- Services, not just shelter, say homeless advocates...
- NEGATIVE IMPACTS OF AN “URBAN CAMPING BAN” IN DENV...
- What is the Meaning of the Camping Ban Ordinance t...
- Colfax Marathon 2012 Saturday 5/12
from House Minority Leader Ferrandino
- Imagine you live a block or two from a park where ...
- Back to something completely different
- McNulty wins Fool on the Hill award
- For those who think Occupy Denver isn't doing anyt...
- As if they had nothing to do
- Ruby Hill - A Jewel Of A Park Or A Crown Of Thorns...
- Councilman Brooks at the Denver Dems Spaghetti Din...
- Colorado Sen. Mike Johnston "gets it".
- There Are 24 Empty Houses for Every Homeless Perso...
- Controversial telecommunications bill loses in com...
- Five Points Business District Monthly Community Ac...
- Phil Goodstein's May Naysayer
- Jabbering Children
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.