Denver Direct: For those who think Occupy Denver isn’t doing anything
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Occupy Denver’s Environmental Defense Committee is hosting a series of teach-ins, film screenings, and events, all of which you are personally invited to attend. If you are getting this it is because I thought you or those you know might be interested; please forward this information to people you think may be interested. I know some of you personally, some through email threads, so if this comes to you as spam please reply “spam” and I’ll take you off this list.
First off, our next teach in for the Environmental Defense committee will be led by American Indian scholar Tink Tinker, entitled “American Indians: The Other 1%.” In the words of renowned American Indian scholar Tink Tinker: “I hope to discuss the contemporary economic repercussions of american colonial / corporate power on Indian communities across the continent. Thus, I will highlight the intense poverty of Indian communities in spite of resource rich lands that should make us the wealthiest Americans. Instead, we have an unemployment rate that is stuck at about 50%. But it’s recession proof….” This teach-in will be held at the Deer Pile space at 5:30 on Tuesday, May 15th, and should be a very insightful discussion. More details on this and other upcoming teach-ins here: http://occupydenver.org/committees/occupy-and-educate-denver/teach-in-schedule/
Secondly, the film Sweet Crude will be shown on Wednesday, May 16th at 6PM at the Gypsy House Cafe, followed by an open discussion. (See attached flyer for more details.) This will be the first in a series of film screenings on issues related to environmental justice. These screenings are free events.
at 12:44 PM
- Back to my gardening roots
- Check you own (Colorado) voter status online and m...
- Affordable Family Fun at the People's Fair! This w...
- Report from the Street
- Long live Gary Reilly!
- On-line YouTube series
- Stay hip - metaphorically speaking
- Colorado MMJ Patients: Please Share
- INC Community News May 23, 2012
- City Park Jazz 2012 Schedule
- NATO protest livestream now.
- DENVER PARKS & RECREATION AND BIKEDENVER LAUNCH 2n...
- Denver Steps Up Enforcement of Leash Law Violation...
- Open Meeting Requirements of the Colorado Sunshine...
- McNulty still spinning
- If "zero citations and zero arrests", why do we ne...
- Services, not just shelter, say homeless advocates...
- NEGATIVE IMPACTS OF AN “URBAN CAMPING BAN” IN DENV...
- What is the Meaning of the Camping Ban Ordinance t...
- Colfax Marathon 2012 Saturday 5/12
from House Minority Leader Ferrandino
- Imagine you live a block or two from a park where ...
- Back to something completely different
- McNulty wins Fool on the Hill award
- For those who think Occupy Denver isn't doing anyt...
- As if they had nothing to do
- Ruby Hill - A Jewel Of A Park Or A Crown Of Thorns...
- Councilman Brooks at the Denver Dems Spaghetti Din...
- Colorado Sen. Mike Johnston "gets it".
- There Are 24 Empty Houses for Every Homeless Perso...
- Controversial telecommunications bill loses in com...
- Five Points Business District Monthly Community Ac...
- Phil Goodstein's May Naysayer
- Jabbering Children
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.