Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Opinion by Gerald Trumbule
|Hentzell Park Natural Area photo by Ray Ehrenstein|
Have you been following the parkland-for-a-building swap deal being promulgated by Denver Mayor Michael Hancock? Hancock has advocated for a domestic violence center in Denver. That’s a good thing. While in no way impugning his motives, it seems he has forgotten, at least briefly, that Denver’s assets are not his to give away or trade. I don’t think he anticipated the ferocious love we have for our parks and parkland here in Denver. He’s stepped on a landmine of criticism.
And then there is new conflict-of-interest complaint. We’ll have to see if this goes deeper than a mere temporary lapse of good judgement. He could pull the plug on the deal, but that may signal deeper concerns.
Experience teaches us that whenever the City/Mayor is involved in land, be it purchase, sale or swap, the citizens need to be extra vigilant.
at 6:43 PM
Columnist says protect parks; Hentzell designati...
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - December 30, 2...
- Setback for CINQ?
- Walkabout - December 21, 2012
- A personal observation of the Hentzell Park deal
- Jessica LeRoux reports on the first A64 (Legal Mar...
- Colorado could save millions with its own Bank
- Hancock Digs in After Negative Vote, Calls Hentzel...
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - December 15, 2...
- Reaction to Obama's new marijuana statements
- Citizen Win! No Hentzell Park De-designation
- Hancock's Landmine
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Parks and Recreatio...
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - December 10, 2...
- Bring Proposed Loss of Parkland to Vote of the Peo...
- Keeping an eye on DPS Board
- Woman Fights Bully, WINS!
- Statement by Advocates for Denver's Parks
- Mayor Hancock to Lead Trade Mission to Mexico City...
- Denver Mayor's Done Deal
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - December 2, 20...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.