Denver Direct: HUD funding list in Denver
Monday, November 19, 2012
The Denver Office of Economic Development has issued award letters to 34 organizations slated to receive federal grant funding in 2013. Funds will be made available through the city’s allocation of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (funding to support housing, neighborhood and business development projects.
OED issued a Notice of Funding Availability in August for proposals to be funded by HUD’s Community Development Block Grant, Investment Partnerships and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS programs. Applications were evaluated and scored by OED staff and community members. Community members were chosen based on their knowledge and experience in the program areas of housing development, economic/business development and neighborhood development.
Organizations selected for contracted programs and services include the following:
Economic Development and Services.
- The FAX Partnership.
- Federal Boulevard Partnership.
- Five Points Business District.
- NEWSED Community Development Corp.
- Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute.
- West 38th Avenue Merchants Association.
- West Colfax Business Improvement District (joint project with The FAX Partnership.)
- West Community Economic Development Corp.
Housing Development & Services
- Brothers Redevelopment.
- Colorado Coalition for the Homeless.
- Colorado Health Network/Denver Colorado AIDS Project.
- Colorado Housing Assistance Corp.
- Community Housing Services, Inc.
- Denver Housing Authority.
- Denver Urban Renewal Authority.
- Empowerment Program
- Northeast Denver Housing Center, Del Norte Neighborhood Development Corporation and NEWSED.
- Visiting Nurse Association.
Neighborhood development & Services
- Bayaud Enterprises
- Beacon Neighborhood Centers at Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver.
- Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (El Sistema Colorado.
- Denver Housing Authority.
- Denver Urban Gardens.
- Environmental Learning for Kids.
- Focus Points Family Resource Center.
- Girls Incorporated of Metro Denver.
- Groundwork Denver.
- Hunger Free Colorado.
- Metro CareRing.
- Mile High United Way.
- Southwest Improvement Council.
- Urban Land Conservancy.
- Urban Peak.
- West Colfax Business Improvement District.
at 12:48 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- Walkabout - November 24, 2012
- Citizens Document Prairie Dog Poison on Playground...
- City officials try to quiet opposition to park dea...
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 25, 2...
- The Six-Plant Loophole
- What's up with Scott Gessler, Colorado's Colorful ...
- Text of Colorado Amendment 64 as enacted
- HUD funding list in Denver
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 18, 2...
- No more email to Hickenlooper (use his website ins...
- Tax increase dangerous to homeowners and small bus...
- Congrats to Dean Ormiston, Baca County's New Commi...
- No Denver Ballpark Garage
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 10, ...
- Take a survey, get a free week
- Parks Board delays vote, seeks more information
- Our guy - Sen. Mike Johnston - District 33
- NUNS ON THE BUS TOUR
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 4, 2...
- Stabbing at 13th and Pennsylvania
- City-School Property Trade Questionable
- Report on Land Swap Deal Meeting
- The senior director of bonds and construction at D...
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.