Denver Direct: It’s OK to vote NO on 2A, 3A and 3B
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Your needy Uncle Denver is at the door again. He seems to come around all too often these days. As usual, he has stories about how he need just a little bit more of your money to keep his act together. And don’t forget his kids…the kids always need more money to keep the schools and libraries open.
But, unfortunately, this time you have to look at your own finances and decide whether or not you can afford to give him the extra handout. Things have not been going that well for you and yours. Yes, things may be looking up in Denver, but your dollar has lost half its value since 2005 and you haven’t gotten a raise. That second job you’ve had to take to make ends meet is really getting you down, and it doesn’t even seem to be helping that much. You know, prices at the grocery store and all.
Thanks to Auntie Jeanne you’ve got the numbers in hand, and it doesn’t look good. That commercial property you own is really going to take a tax hit if these things go through.
So despite your love for Uncle Denver, you are going to have to say no this time. In the past, you’ve said yes, yes, yes, over and over again. But he always wants more. You’re just going to have to put your foot down. Tell you still love him and all, but now is not the time. And while you are at it, tell him that adding $1 million to his staff salaries right off the bat was not cool, and ask him to please keep his hands off of our Taxpayers Bill of Rights.
And BTW, if you are worried about Denver and Colorado governments not having enough money to take care of business, be sure to vote YES on 64. It’s guaranteed to bring in a boatload of new money and to cut unnecessary expenditure as well!
at 8:55 AM
- Some of what people who are "not paying any taxes"...
- The Naysayer by Phil Goodstein - November, 2012
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Oct. 28, 2012...
- Stevie Wonder's New Song in Support of Obama
- Obama visits Denver's City Park (Full speech)
- More on Elyria pollution by Tom Anthony
- OMG, it's the Denver Capital Matrix
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Oct. 21, 2012...
- It's OK to vote NO on 2A, 3A and 3B
- Park Questions
- DPS22 Denver Public Schools Board of Education Mtg...
- New Stones - "Doom and Gloom"
- Go fly a kite
- Wal-Mart will not be part of the development at 9...
- Land Swap
- CHIPOTLE SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH CIW TO JOIN FAIR FOO...
- Los Angeles Walmart Workers Walk Out
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.