Denver Direct: Land Swap
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
From: Casias, Angela – Parks & Rec
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 5:12 PM
Subject: Hentzell Park Natural Area Public Hearing, November 8 PLEASE FORWARD
Dear Hentzell Park Neighbors,
Denver Parks and Recreation will bring forward a request from Denver Public Schools to de-designate approximately 5.7 acres of land in a public hearing hosted by the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board on November 8, 2012 at the Wellington Webb Municipal Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave, 4th Floor, Room 4.F.6 at 5:30 p.m.
The Denver Real Estate Office and Denver Public Schools (DPS) are currently negotiating a proposed land swap that includes 11.7 acres of land located at 10300 E. Yale Ave. Six acres are in the City’s real estate portfolio and the difference is located in the Hentzell Park Designated Natural Area which is part of Denver Parks and Recreation (DPR). The 11.7 acres will be traded for a 40,000 sq. ft. office at 1330 Fox St. This is intended to be the future site of the City’s Domestic Violence Center which has been a high priority for Mayor Michael B. Hancock since his election in 2011. In turn, Denver Public Schools will turn the 11.7 acre parcel a new Southeast school, funded through the school bond if passed in November of this year.
Please visit www.denvergov.org/parksandrecreation and go to the Quick Links and hit ‘Advisory Board’ on the left hand side of the page. Under ‘Hentzell Park Natural Area’, on the right hand side of the page, you will find documents including:
· Summary of the Proposed Project.
· Park Map defining the area proposed land area at Hentzell Park.
· Letter of Request from Denver Public Schools to de-designate the area.
I will reach out to each one of you to answer any questions and to offer a presentation on the topic at any future meeting hosted by your organization in addition to the public hearing in November. If you would like to contact me please email or call me at the contact in my signature. Public comment will be accepted through the Public Hearing date on November 8, 2012.
at 7:16 AM
- Some of what people who are "not paying any taxes"...
- The Naysayer by Phil Goodstein - November, 2012
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Oct. 28, 2012...
- Stevie Wonder's New Song in Support of Obama
- Obama visits Denver's City Park (Full speech)
- More on Elyria pollution by Tom Anthony
- OMG, it's the Denver Capital Matrix
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Oct. 21, 2012...
- It's OK to vote NO on 2A, 3A and 3B
- Park Questions
- DPS22 Denver Public Schools Board of Education Mtg...
- New Stones - "Doom and Gloom"
- Go fly a kite
- Wal-Mart will not be part of the development at 9...
- Land Swap
- CHIPOTLE SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH CIW TO JOIN FAIR FOO...
- Los Angeles Walmart Workers Walk Out
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.