Denver Direct: Pinon Canyon Update
Monday, January 24, 2011
(Ed. note: When I spoke with the gentleman whose job it was to maintain the restricted sites within the PCMS last summer, he told me that many of the archeological sites were “disappearing”.)
Last week the Army proposed a ‘Covenant’ to Las Animas County Commissioners as ‘good faith effort’ to work with local communities. Then turned down the offer of even broader worded resolutions supporting our troops in place of a covenant. (Thank our Las Animas County Commissioners for NOT signing that covenant document.)
The Army planned to take those signed Covenants back to the Pentagon and show how much support there is for expansion. NOT.
And NOW this week they are pushing the use of PCMS with a new Environmental Assessment process to try to justify the expansion AND do so in spite of a Federal court order and against the will of the people.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS – Tell you friends and neighbors – The Army will hold two public meetings for comment: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Feb. 16 at the Otero Junior College student center in La Junta; and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 17 at Trinidad State Junior College’s Sullivan Center in Trinidad.
at 11:44 AM
- Cheesman Park Attacker
- Local Art Salon gets it right
- Phil Goodstein's Associate Naysayer of the Month -...
- You've got Cake Crumbs on your Facebook
- Was Big Air Worth the Trouble? Denver Post
- Crime Alert - Sexual Assault in Cheesman Park
- Big Air - The Morning After
- Music to wake up by
- Denver Big Air Takes Flight Today in Civic Center ...
- Big Air Walkabout - Civic Center Park as Carnival ...
- Pinon Canyon Update
- Crime Alert
- HELP NORTHEAST DENVER TAKE BACK ITS SCHOOLS
- Temp Mayor Vidal wants a what?
- From ParksAreForPeople.org
- " I'll do it my way" - Denver Parks and Rec forges...
- Congress is broken - here's how to fix it
- Traffic lights - they come and they go
- Duck Lake Update - Jan 5, 2011
- Red Light "Collection Machine"
- An Open Letter to Denver's City Council in re: Eve...
- Contaminated water source to be expanded (Chatfiel...
- A Nightmare Act
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.