Denver Direct: Duck Lake Update – Jan 5, 2011
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
The temporary chain-link fences are down and new trees have been planted, but nothing much seems to be going on at Denver’s City Park Duck Lake. The scene of many previous duck die-offs, work on the $1.6 million rehab and excavation of the bottom sediment was halted in early November, 2010, by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) after a complaint regarding worker safety was filed. Testing is said to be underway, but no new information has been forthcoming.
Water containing 157 pollutants and 10 radionuclides from the Lowry Landfill Superfund Site makes its way into Duck Lake by way of the Denver Ditch at Washington Park’s Grasmere Lake, where “purple pipe water” from the recycling plant is discharged. Go here and here for more information.
at 10:33 AM
- Cheesman Park Attacker
- Local Art Salon gets it right
- Phil Goodstein's Associate Naysayer of the Month -...
- You've got Cake Crumbs on your Facebook
- Was Big Air Worth the Trouble? Denver Post
- Crime Alert - Sexual Assault in Cheesman Park
- Big Air - The Morning After
- Music to wake up by
- Denver Big Air Takes Flight Today in Civic Center ...
- Big Air Walkabout - Civic Center Park as Carnival ...
- Pinon Canyon Update
- Crime Alert
- HELP NORTHEAST DENVER TAKE BACK ITS SCHOOLS
- Temp Mayor Vidal wants a what?
- From ParksAreForPeople.org
- " I'll do it my way" - Denver Parks and Rec forges...
- Congress is broken - here's how to fix it
- Traffic lights - they come and they go
- Duck Lake Update - Jan 5, 2011
- Red Light "Collection Machine"
- An Open Letter to Denver's City Council in re: Eve...
- Contaminated water source to be expanded (Chatfiel...
- A Nightmare Act
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.