Denver Direct: Get used to it…
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
I was issued a ticket for stopping at the red light at 6th Ave. and Lincoln. My front wheels crossed the white line, my bumper extended maybe inches into the crosswalk. And for this I am issued a $75 ticket for “Failure to stop at marked stop line on red light”!!! Do I have to spend my own time fighting B.S. trivialities? Any suggestions on what I do next??
By Anonymous on From DenverGov Photo Red Light Enforcement Progra… at 8:53 AM
Get used to it, you are going to be getting more tickets as you learn the new rules, the hard way. The fines have been raised and the surveilence is being sharpened. Soon these will be photo tickets of “Failure” infractions such as yours as cameras are being installed in all new intersections. Remember back when Denver’s City Council was discussing this issue? You have to stop with your bumper behind the “marked stop line”, even if, and especially if you are going to make a legal right turn on red. No more gliding into and through the intersection. This will be a great new source of income for the City – increased amount and frequency of fines on the citizens (remember, 20% unemployment means 80% employment; there’s still revenue out there to be had).
As to what to do next, Anonymous, I’d suggest paying the ticket (although it’s often worth a trip to talk with the “adjuster”) and changing your “stopping at a red light behavior”. Stop well back from the line so there is no question, because whether or not you are over the line will depend on the angle it is being photographed from. Get used to it…the hammer is coming down.
at 4:53 PM
- What's in the Heart, cannot be taken
- Secret THC/DUI meetings held in apparent violation...
- Good idea, and it's free!
- re: Dick Cheney, war criminal
- Central Denver Road Closures
- Get Out The Map
- Mayor Hancock Announces Appointment of Manager of ...
- We all know that recycled water is going to Washin...
- Thank you Sen. Bernie Sanders
- "Japan Dolphins Day" Activists to Demonstrate Outs...
- You didn't think Fukushima was over, did you?
- When did...
- New movie on Rocky Flats workers
- Hancock bars recording at press conferences? Seems...
- What's wrong with us?
- Here we go - into the financial abyss
- FYI - Denver City Council Members (August 2011)
- I Love Colorado but not this unfortunate video
- Did Bennet and Easley lie about the DPS deal?
- Get used to it...
- Aurora Citizens Group Fights Back Against Gaylord ...
- In the gutter
- Final road paving on York Street in Denver
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.