Monday, August 1, 2011
I know you have been anxiously awaiting the final video on the paving of York Street at 18th to Colfax, so here it is. Two paving machines were called into duty and at one point 14 trucks were lined up to dump their asphalt – quite an operation. Joe, the supervisor, told me that without traffic they would have been able to finish in about 3 weeks. Instead it seemed to take about 3 months. The crews endured the 95+ heat and did a fabulous job, replacing all of the driveways and any curbs that needed repair. As far as I can remember, this is the first time in my 42 years on York that such an extensive road replacement has been undertaken. We’ll be paying on the Better Denver $550 million bonds for the next 30 years, but we’ll have a nice smooth York Street to drive on.
at 8:54 AM
- What's in the Heart, cannot be taken
- Secret THC/DUI meetings held in apparent violation...
- Good idea, and it's free!
- re: Dick Cheney, war criminal
- Central Denver Road Closures
- Get Out The Map
- Mayor Hancock Announces Appointment of Manager of ...
- We all know that recycled water is going to Washin...
- Thank you Sen. Bernie Sanders
- "Japan Dolphins Day" Activists to Demonstrate Outs...
- You didn't think Fukushima was over, did you?
- When did...
- New movie on Rocky Flats workers
- Hancock bars recording at press conferences? Seems...
- What's wrong with us?
- Here we go - into the financial abyss
- FYI - Denver City Council Members (August 2011)
- I Love Colorado but not this unfortunate video
- Did Bennet and Easley lie about the DPS deal?
- Get used to it...
- Aurora Citizens Group Fights Back Against Gaylord ...
- In the gutter
- Final road paving on York Street in Denver
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.