Denver Direct: Neighborhood Walk-about March 2, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
I’m Getting Mine – Are You Getting Yours?
In my neck of the woods (16th and York), money is raining down from the sky. The Better Denver Bond money ($550,000,000 for construction, $500,000,000 for the banksters plus interest) is having a very big local effect. If memory serves, about $3,800,000 will be spent on about 8 square blocks of Josephine and York from 13th Ave to 17th Ave. If you have driven by lately, the traffic congestation may have gotten your attention.
New traffic lights, poles, curbs, gutters, streets (all the way down to the dirt) are going in. I was pleased to see that they are keeping the old stone curbs but adding new concrete gutters. I was somewhat surprised that they are taking out the old road bed (concrete in some areas) and replacing it with asphalt, and lowering the surface by a few inches. One thing for sure, when the real financial crises hits (dollar collapse), Denver will have some of the finest curbs in the nation. I’m not exactly sure what good that will do us, but right now it is providing jobs.
Me: “I see they are keeping you guys busy”.
Foreman: “Yes, and thank god for that. It’s a beautiful thing.”
|New stoplight going in at 16th and York|
|This little corner at 16th and Josephine has never seen so much attention (looking north)|
|Same as above, looking south|
|Josephine at 13th (looking north) Note roadbed reduction.|
|Josephine at Colfax (looking south)|
|Half finished at Josephine and 14th (looking south)|
|New gutter using old curbstone|
at 9:13 AM
- The Filthiest Campaign of All
- Denver Curfew
- Notice of Rule & Regulation Amendment To Parks and...
- Denver Mayoral Forum
- Chris Romer: "I'm NOT the front-runner"
- ASARCO's Toxic Legacy to Continue
- The Weekend is Here!
- You are living in a nuclear experiment
- Denver City Council Immune to Perception: Votes fo...
- Hey, it's (almost) Saturday!
- Denver Direct Over 100,000 Page Views
- Heads Up!
- The Hard Facts of Rocky Flats Nuclear Weapons Plan...
- Round Robin - From the Elyria/Globeville Trenches
- Neighborhood Walk-about March 2, 2011
- Are you paying your Denver OPT Tax and Fee? or are...
- SquareState calls out the Denver Post and then fad...
- Who is on Drugs?
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.