Denver Direct: Army Blitzing
Monday, February 14, 2011
From Pinon Canyon Expansion Opposition Coalition
We haven’t asked in a while but this week WE NEED YOU!
If you could possibly sacrifice a few hours this week to be at some or all of these meetings it will speak volumes to our elected officials.
PLEASE ALSO CALL YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, NEIGHBORS – ASK THEM TO DO THE SAME………. ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE BY BEING THERE IS VITAL TO OUR BEING HEARD.
The Army seems to be blitzing us this next week, in an effort to
1. gain documentable public/political support they can use against us and
2. sidestep laws and Federal Court orders
Your presence is needed at multiple meetings:
First, Tuesday night, the 15th of February. The Trinidad City Council will be meeting at 7pm in Trinidad City Hall.
Purpose: Discussion and action relative to enacting a resolution in place of the Army requested ‘Covenant’. We are told the Army will have a presence there as well and we need to show support of the City Council for standing their ground by our being there.
Second, Wednesday night, the 16th of February in La Junta, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Student Center at Otero Jr College. The Army will be holding public comment meetings on the Environmental Assessment they are issuing – designed to replace/avoid the court vacated Environmental Impact Statement. We need as many people as possible to attend and show our elected officials how decidedly opposed we are on expanding PCMS.
Third, Thursday night, the 17th of February in Trinidad, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Sullivan Center at Trinidad State Jr College. The Army will be holding public comment meetings on the Environmental Assessment they are issuing – designed to replace/avoid the court vacated Environmental Impact Statement. We need as many people as possible to attend and show our elected officials how decidedly opposed we are of expanding PCMS.
Be sure to start calling your representatives and letting them know ‘enough is enough’. Stop this expansion nonsense now!
Need legislator contact information? Goto the PCEOC website legislator page.
at 7:03 AM
- City helps make hiring easier for Denver businesse...
- Tours by Phil Goodstein
- Tall Man Sings
- People - Power: Denver Solidarity Rally at the Ca...
- Is Your Bank in Danger of Failure?
- Robots for Romer
- "We are One" Solidarity Rally - Denver 2-22-2011
- Editorial - Tom Anthony from Elyria
- Chris Romer's Call for Transparency - Is he kiddin...
- Military Flyovers, Spirituality and Democracy in A...
- Animal Control is Out of Control - the continuing ...
- Leave Law Enforcement to the Professionals
- Camera at the Colorado Capitol
- Pinon Canyon Update
- Hey, it's Saturday!
- Anglos V. Latinos
- Tonight - The Real Deal
- Press Release
- Bennet's Bad DPS Deal
- Rocky Flats Nuclear Guardianship
- Army Blitzing
- The Slippery Slope of Reality - a podcast
- Are We Still at War? Oh Yeah, I Almost Forgot
- Screamers at 200 Feet
- Colorado to gut County Budgets
- A PLATFORM FOR DENVER’S URBAN PARKS
- Women's Sexual Assault Prevention Training
- Why Doesn't Colorado Have Its Own Public Bank ... ...
- Chicken Law Roundup
- Memo to Politicians: My Telephone is Not Part of Y...
- Rocky Flats Nuclear Guardianship
- The Closing of an Illusion
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.