Tuesday, November 22, 2011
DENVER – The Five Points Business District will host their second annual holiday celebration, “Holiday in the Points,” on Saturday, Nov. 26.
Open to the public, Holiday in the Points will kick off the holiday season with an array of festive, family-friendly activities and a wonderful lighting display.
Key features of this year’s celebration include photos with Santa Claus, holiday-themed arts and crafts stations provided by the Colorado Creative Giving T.A.B.L.E. and a light display called “Art of Light.” Firefighters from Denver Fire Department Station No. 3 will make an appearance with their fire engine. Live music performances and holiday specials will be featured at Coffee at the Point.
Dante James, interim executive director of the business district said, “We are thrilled to host Holiday in the Points for the second year. This event is really an extension of our larger vision to promote a diverse community by making Welton Street and surrounding areas a great place to live, work, shop, learn and play. We encourage any and all to attend to get into the holiday spirit and soak up a little of the history Welton Street has to offer.”
WHO: The Five Points Business District
WHAT: Second Annual Holiday in the Points celebration
WHERE: Arts and crafts and Santa Claus: HALO Center for Youth, 2758 Welton St.
Art of Light: On Welton Street between 25th and 28th Avenues
WHEN: Saturday, November 26, 2011
Arts and crafts and Santa Claus: 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Art of Light will follow
At 6:00 pm.
Holiday in the Points is part of a larger, ongoing effort by the Five Points Business District to promote awareness, use and revitalization of the historic Welton Street corridor.
About the Five Points Business District
The Five Points Business District (FPBD) is responsible for the growth and development of Denver, Colorado’s historic Welton Street and the promotion and economic empowerment of the broader Five Points community. Funded in part by Denver’s Office of Economic Development, the office is part of the city’s Neighborhood Marketplace Initiative. The work of the FPBD is a comprehensive effort that incorporates Business Development, the Promotion of Art and Culture, Historic Neighborhood Preservation and the Greater Good of the community. For additional information on FPBD, visit www.fivepointsbiz.org.
Sponsors: Five Points Business District, Councilman Albus Brooks, Civil Technology, Inc., Welton Street Pedestrian Maintenance Mall District, Whittier Neighborhood Association, Coffee at the Point and Halo Foundation.
at 8:45 AM
- Philly cops use "Trigger" in Occupy crowd control
- Occupy LA preparing for police invasion
- Occupy Unity takes over Washington State capitol i...
- Occupy Denver Friday, Nov 25, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE
- HOLIDAY IN THE POINTS LIGHTS UP WELTON STREET
- 13th Annual Sand Creek Massacre Spiritual Healing ...
- Denver Police Urge Reporting Suspicious Actions Do...
- Occupy Denver live stream now
- Occupy Denver 11-17-11
- OWS taking over the streets in NYC
- Nov 17th - A day of live streaming
- Occupy Denver - Be There
- Living (and driving) in a police state
- Occupy Wall Street under siege
- ACTION ALERT: Board of Health Patient Rulemaking H...
- Paul M. Levitt: Homage to Adrienne Anderson
- DPD war on tents (and tables)
- Occupy Denver reponds to ongoing police brutality ...
- Occupy Portland - Live streaming
- Occupy Denver Live Stream
- Adrienne Anderson's Memorial - Nov. 6, 2011
- Developers are targeting open land on the north en...
- OCCUPY DENVER ELECTS LEADER
- Occupy Denver 11-3-11:"Livin' in the Land Where th...
- Boulder, Colorado Occupies the Ballot Box and Call...
- OCCUPY DENVER HONORS VETERANS & TAKES ACTION AGAIN...
- Michael Moore to visit Occupy Denver
- DABC update from 3 weeks of social war in Denver, ...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.