Denver Direct: Occupy Denver on the march again (10-22-2011)
Saturday, October 22, 2011
I was hoping to have my live-streaming video online today, after testing on the Mall yesterday (see the new tab above). However it was not to be, but I went anyway and shot the video above. I would encourage you to view the entire video. For one, you get to see who is actually in the crowd marching down the mall. Many of the marchers look like middle-class citizens rather than hippies or the homeless as is often stated. And the speech at the end is worth watching. Sorry I didn’t get her name, but the First Lady is quite an emotional speaker. Everybody in the 99% is suffering, and they are finally waking up! I took off before the music started (which was really what I wanted to shoot) so I could get back and get this out.
At about 7:00 pm this evening a group of about 50 protesters came by my place going south on York St. Drums and hollering were prevalent, and most seemed to be dressed in dark clothes. The Denver police followed the group in about 10 police cars. I assumed they would turn west and go down Colfax, so I grabbed the camera and drove west on 16th Ave. in an effort to get in front of them.
All of the traffic from Colfax, now closed by police cars at every intersection, was being diverted to 16th, leaving me stuck in a traffic jam. Police cars, marked and unmarked, were everywhere, including leap-frogging the jammed up traffic with lights flashing. Try as I might, I couldn’t get in front of the protesters on their way back to Civic Center Park, but I did see them walking calmly on the sidewalk at Ogden St. The over-whelming police presence made me think the cops were anticipating some sort of CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE! OMG No! Send in the troops, we can’t have that.
One thing for sure, the police reaction is very expensive. Their aggressive coverage of this evening’s protester foray made me think they were itching for something to happen. Just sayin’.
at 10:12 PM
- OCCUPY DENVER HOLDS PEACE VIGIL TONIGHT AT 6
- Denver police do a great job of PR for Occupy Denv...
- Police action at Occupy Denver today
- Live feed of Occupy Denver standoff on 9news now
- Occupy Denver from SenorMysterioso
- Denver Public Works & Denver Parks and Recreation ...
- OCCUPY DENVER REQUESTS SOLIDARITY FROM CITY COUNCI...
- Police body language at Occupy Denver
- COLORADO RESIDENTS TO GOV. HICKENLOOPER AND MAYOR ...
- DPD Raids Squat, Support Needed
- Occupy Denver on the march again (10-22-2011)
- Occupy Denver meets with Mayor Hancock 10-18-2011
- Adrienne Anderson Memorial Service
- Concert and Rally this Saturday 10/22/2011
- Last night's activity at #OccupyDenver (9news.com)...
- More #OccupyDenver
- Controversial Parks Admission Policy Retained
- Two live feeds now covering Occupy Denver 11:29 pm...
- Hickenlooper, Hancock: Park may be cleared tonight...
- Occupy Denver delivers letter to Gov. Hickenlooper...
- 24-hours at Occupy Denver with Colorado Rep Wes Mc...
- Will this happen in Denver?
- MEET ALL THE CANDIDATES AND WATCH FORUMS AT www.DE...
- Initiative 300 - Paid Sick Days for a Healthier De...
- In case you were wondering...
- Anonymous take down of Wall Street a psy op
- Occupy Denver - Day 13
- NYPD White Shirts in action again tonight
- Declaration of the Occupation of New York City
- Anonymous threatens Wall Street...or is it a false...
- Is this the beginning of something...BIG?
- One Sky One World - this Sunday - Oct. 9
- October Naysayer - Phil Goodstein
- Occupy Denver - Day 10
- Occupy Denver - Day 9 - Rally
- Live stream from Occupy Denver today! (Sat 10/1/11...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.