Denver Direct: Another Attempted End-Run by Hickenlooper
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Help Stop the Pro-Billboard Zoning Change
The Denver City Attorney, with the support of Mayor John Hickenlooper, is working to cover-up the city’s failed oversight of zoning regulations for billboards by introducing an ordinance that will protect these big billboard companies that are in violation of the law. (Go here for more info and to sign petition.)
Denver’s Zoning Administrator Mike O’Flaherty has knowingly allowed the illegal alteration of billboards throughout the city. The approval of this pro-billboard ordinance will not only reward these well-funded out-of-state companies for breaking the law, it will also let several city agencies off the hook for not doing their job.
On Wednesday, January 27th the pro-billboard ordinance will be introduced to the Blueprint Denver Committee. The committee (all city council members) has been provided misinformation from these billboard companies to confuse them and the public.
Denver taxpayers are paying the price for this City Hall cover-up. These oversized, illegal, and unsafe billboards are polluting our city’s streets. Meanwhile, the City Attorney is spinning this pro-billboard ordinance as nothing more than a clarification of language!
Contact the City Council and demand them to hold a public hearing on the Mayor’s pro-billboard ordinance so they can learn the full story.
• We need full enforcement of Denver’s current zoning laws and require that every identified illegal billboard in Denver come into compliance with current law.
• Demand the resignation of Zoning Administrator Mike O’Flaherty for serving the interests of the big billboard companies and not the people of Denver.
at 10:07 AM
- A Politician Unfit to be Governor
- Bad video is bad for the candidate
- "The answer, my friend...
- Another Attempted End-Run by Hickenlooper
- Hickenlooper for Governor
- Sit! Down! Roll over!
- City has golden geese, not just in parks
- Lawsuit Time
- Cowboy Concert at the Colorado Capitol
- Romanoff is THE Man
- MLK Marade in Denver 1-18-10
- Denver City Council Medical Marijuana Hearing 1-11...
- National Western Stock Show Parade
- Urgent Message from Cathy Donohue
- Mayoral Succession
- A Second Bill of Rights to End Corporate Personhoo...
- Bennett in the Senate, Ritter in the Shitter, Colo...
- Rep. McKinley Announces Bid for Re-election in HD6...
- Denver as Brewpub
- Denver Parks and Recreation Department Running Wil...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.