Denver Direct: Dream On
Sunday, August 8, 2010
In 1977 I met with the owner of Ceavco, the biggest video and film equipment rental house in Denver at that time, with a revolutionary idea – using video to create tapes of houses and land for sale. Sony had just come out with the Porta-Pak, and it seemed like a natural combination. The idea was met with a big yawn. Who would want to look at video tape when you could just go there and see for yourself?
Today many real estate sales listings include a short slide show (virtual tour), but most still don’t use video. The great exception is Todd Gatza at Trinidad Land Realty. He makes a video for every property. I love the way he points on camera to distant mountain peaks and ranges. His videos are rough and ready, and they convey a real feel for the property.
I’ve always dreamed of owning a mountain property and Todd sends me an email once a week with a new listing and video. We can still dream.
at 9:05 AM
- Deja Pu
- Hot Sludge
- Parks are for People (continued)
- Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens ...
- Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens
- Parks are for ... making money
- Denver City Councilwoman Jeanne Faatz Polls Her Co...
- Dogs on the Loose
- New Hope for the Upside Down?
- Contamination from City Park Lake Flows to Platte
- Bright Green
- Democrats Unity Rally
- Linkhart for Mayor
- Dancing with the Devil
- Parks are for people, not profit (continued)
- Parks are for people, not profit
- LIP Service
- Dream On
- McKinley at Acoustic Music Revival Today
- Downwind of Rocky Flats
- Two Feet of Cement
- Rocky Flats a Local Hazard - Forever
- McKinley Press Conference - Plutonium at Rocky Fla...
- More on Bennet's Anschutz Activity
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.