Denver Direct: Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens
Saturday, August 21, 2010
The “old Safeway” (16th and Josephine), as we old-timers knew it, or the “Church in the City” as those who came to the neighborhood in the last 16 years knew it, is now being demolished. The City agreed to pay a price $5,000,000 more than it had been appraised for the previous year, to build a Central Denver Recreation Center, dependent, of course, on future bond-financed borrowing.
Ooops, ain’t gonna happen’ now! Maybe in 5, 10, or 15 years, they say. Soooo… (bait and switch), how about a dog-park or a garden, or, better yet, how about both of those at the same time! Presumably separate, one hopes, but very, very expensive. Thank you Councilpersons Robb and Madison for bringing us the most expensive Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens.
at 5:24 PM
- Deja Pu
- Hot Sludge
- Parks are for People (continued)
- Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens ...
- Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens
- Parks are for ... making money
- Denver City Councilwoman Jeanne Faatz Polls Her Co...
- Dogs on the Loose
- New Hope for the Upside Down?
- Contamination from City Park Lake Flows to Platte
- Bright Green
- Democrats Unity Rally
- Linkhart for Mayor
- Dancing with the Devil
- Parks are for people, not profit (continued)
- Parks are for people, not profit
- LIP Service
- Dream On
- McKinley at Acoustic Music Revival Today
- Downwind of Rocky Flats
- Two Feet of Cement
- Rocky Flats a Local Hazard - Forever
- McKinley Press Conference - Plutonium at Rocky Fla...
- More on Bennet's Anschutz Activity
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.