Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Yesterday morning, I went again to Duck Lake at City Park. While there, I encountered a city worker for park maintenance, whose job now includes the task of going around the lake with a pitchfork and black plastic bags to pick up dead birds. She said she’d picked up six dead birds already that morning, mostly cormorants.
That this has become “normal,” as city officials depict it in their public remakrs, reminds me of the frog in boiling water story. If you boil a pot of water and put a frog in, it will immediately jump out. But if you put a frog in water and slowly turn up the heat to a boil, it will allow itself to be cooked to death. KUSA’ report on this earlier this week said, “Denver Parks and Recreation says the birds die off at the park at about this time every year.”
at 8:27 AM
- Not the Time for Apathy
- Denver's Duck (Death) Pond 6-28-10
- Associate Naysayer of the Month - Jerry Wartgow
- Dead Duck Lake
- Naysayer of the Month - Tom Strickland
- Denver Councilwoman Johnson Not Running for Anothe...
- Party Parks to be "Activated"
- Candidate Bob McConnell at PCEOC Festival
- Rep. Wes McKinley at PCEOC Festival
- Candidate Lisa Grace-Kellogg at PCEOC Festival
- Congressman John Salazar at PCEOC Festival
- PCEOC Festival
- Robotic Warfare in Colorado?
- Duck, Duck, Goose - Continued
- Duck, Duck, Goose
- Shingle Mountain in Elyria
- That Pesky Purple Pipe Water
- On the Road - McKinley and Romanoff in Trinidad
- Jim Hightower
- See you there!
- Plugging the Leak
- Xcel Energy's Transformer Fire - Updated
- Get Out of Denver
- Billy Whitfield plays "Ghost Riders in the Sky"
- Two styles of beef production: Is one criminal in ...
- The Naysayer of the Month - Mayor Hickenlooper
- The Honorable Hick Changes the Rules
- Elyria Gets Some Air
- Citizen Squeeze
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.