Denver Direct: Purple Pipe Water Coming to Cheesman Park
Sunday, April 11, 2010
It looks like it’s time for Cheesman Park to be added to the list of parks and places where the recycled sewer water and the horrible effluent from the Lowry Landfill Superfund Site are mixed for the delivery of 157 pollutants and 10 radionuclides to the lakes, lawns and fields of our Denver parks.
Better Denver Bond money for “irrigation” projects is spreading the reach of this “recycled” but badly polluted mix.
This topic is covered at great length on this site, (see the index (right sidebar): Purplewater, Greywater, City Park Pollution) as well as the Rocky Mountain Peace and Justice Center site. You can also see what Denver Water told Councilman Linkhart here, what the Washington Park Profile had to say, and Amy Goodman’s report on Democracy Now!
And here’s the list, from the permit, of the stuff in the water.
As usual, click to enlarge (it works now):
at 9:09 PM
- Cormorants Cope with Construction
- By Dave Felice
The cormorants at Duck Lake in Den...
- Denver DA Morrissey - Crime Rate Down
- Councilwoman Johnson Initiates Investigation of Lo...
- Denver Councilman Linkhart - We have enough prison...
- Denver Auditor Sings
- Locked Gardens
- Sen. Chris Romer on Education
- One Thing Leads to Another
- Money Can't Buy You Love
- Ambrose Proposes Parks Solution
- What's up with eBay?
- Romanoff Calls Out Tea Party
- Ballot Trace
- Purple Pipe Water Coming to Cheesman Park
- Romanoff Surges at Denver County Assembly
- Well Said: No Admission Based Events in Our Parks
- Welcoming Colorado
- Criminal and Juvenile Justice Town Hall Meeting
- Pinon Canyon Update
- Done Deal
- Your Computer is Dirty
- Concrete at Cheesman
- Here Comes the Next Big One
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.