Monday, February 15, 2010
DENVER, CO – Larry Ambrose, a Colorado native, resident of NW Denver since 1973, will be a candidate for Denver City Council in the special election expected to take place at the end of April. Ambrose, a business owner and consultant, was the Executive Director of the Auraria Foundation, manager of Colorado’s second largest convention center, a Community College professor and is doing restoration and management of two historic buildings. A community advocate and neighborhood activist for 37 years, he is currently President of the Sloan’s Lake Neighborhood Association and Co-chair of the Interneighborhood Cooperation Parks and Recreation Committee. Among his accomplishments are relocating and restoring the Golda Meir House at the Auraria Campus, leading the successful effort to bury power lines along West 32nd Avenue in the Highlands Square Business District, starting the North High Alumni Association and initiating the Viking Park entryway to NW Denver. Ambrose and his wife, Jane, founded the One Sky One World International Kite Fly for Peace and in 1975 she opened the first Colorado kite business, Sky Scrapers Kite Store, on Upper 15th Street which moved to Highland Square in 1988. He holds a law degree from DU, a Masters in Business from UCLA and Bachelor’s in Marketing from CU Boulder. In his free time, he takes his three border collies to Denver dog parks, which he was instrumental in establishing.
at 6:45 AM
- Prisoners of Lies
- The Naysayer of the Month
- "Spork Must Die" - More Animal Control Out of Cont...
- DENVER POLICE DEPARTMENT - PRESS RELEASE
- Roaring Fork, Crystal River Revisited
- Fireworks expected at Mayor Hickenlooper's Marijua...
- Dog park supporters forming advocacy group
- Has Obama Lost Control?
- Move Our Money
- Critic: Park Movie Scheme Flawed
- Open Air Cinema Fades
- Ambrose Will Run for District 1 City Council Seat
- "Building to Be the Change"
- "Animal Control" Out of Control - Part 4
- Community representatives say park policy needs pu...
- Everybody into the Pool
- Bureaucrats Cover Bag Man’s Costs
- "Animal Control" Out of Control - Part 3
- "Animal Control" Out of Control - Part 2
- Last Minute Parks Policy Changes
- Oh yeah!
- "Animal Control" Out of Control - Part 1
- Denver to Pay $6.5 Million for Property Assessed a...
- Cowboys for Kids
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.