Denver Direct: Walkabout – Friday Oct. 29, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Once in awhile I get out to walk around my neighborhood, and of course, take a few pictures.
The Fox, well-known graffiti artist, seems to be back with her stencils. Pleasant change.
Water catchment area in the northwest corner of the Woolley Dog Park at 16th and Josephine – a few days earlier.
After it was finished,
the East High teachers apparently didn’t know what it was, and because their parking lot to the east was closed for repairs, they parked on top of it.
Solitary dog enjoying the the Woolley off-leash dog park. To date, there are no rules about who can use the park.
Corner of Colfax and Josephine, where the new 7-11 is being built – across Colfax from the old 7-11, which lost its lease. Thirty years ago there was a filling station on that corner. I think they dug up the old underground tanks, but I never actually saw them being removed. The building in the back ground is the completely remodeled Floyd’s Barbershop, which originally served as a pinball parlor.
When John Hand bought the Park View Hotel (below) and the pinball parlor, he put them to use as part of the Denver Free University.
I think a new sushi restaurant is going in on the corner, replacing the old sushi restaurant.
at 2:58 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- Walkabout - Friday Oct. 29, 2010
- Bob Ragland - Non-Starving Artist
- Park County Judge Groome, reversed by Colorado App...
- Amazing what $7 million will buy
- Denver Rock and Roll Marathon
- Best Explanation of the Current Financial Crisis
- Free Car Wash
- $6 Million "Woolley" Dog Park to Open Oct. 23, 201...
- Rock and Roll Marathon, This Sunday, Oct 17th
- Marijuana Advocates to Blast Former Booze-Dealing ...
- Wes McKinley and Vern Wagner
- Update on Duck Lake
- One Sky One World Kite Fly for Peace, This Sunday
- Here's something you can do about the Purple Pipew...
- "I See By Your Outfit That You are a Cowboy" - fro...
- Huerfano World Journal endorses Wes McKinley
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.