Friday, October 1, 2010
(Ed. note: This local newspaper, formerly owned by candidate Kellogg, has now endorsed Rep. McKinley.)
30 – September – 2010
by Brian Orr
WALSENBURG- It has been the policy of the Huerfano World Journal, for as long as Gretchen and I have been publishing it, to try and present unbiased reporting in our newspaper–the exception being our stance against the expansion of the Piñon Canon Maneuver Site, which we came out against in our first issue.
We have never endorsed a political candidate before, preferring to let the candidates state their opinions and let people decide for themselves.
It is hard however, to present information on a candidate, when they don’t show up, or they snub your reporters. On Wednesday, Sept. 22, State Rep. Wes McKinley and his challenger, Lisa Grace Kellogg, were both supposed to speak at the Trinidad Oil and Gas Association’s forum.
Kellogg chose not to attend the forum and debate McKinley on the issues. We feel this absenteeism is emblematic of Kellogg’s candidacy. She is a person whose primary business and residence is in southern California; how much time will she honestly devote to representing southern Colorado in our legislature?
McKinley does a terrific job of watching out for our collective interests up in Denver. Wes is a man of, and from, southern Colorado. A third generation cowboy from Walsh, a husband and father, and a retired school teacher, he has been standing up for us in the House for six years now. Read more…
at 9:19 AM
- Walkabout - Friday Oct. 29, 2010
- Bob Ragland - Non-Starving Artist
- Park County Judge Groome, reversed by Colorado App...
- Amazing what $7 million will buy
- Denver Rock and Roll Marathon
- Best Explanation of the Current Financial Crisis
- Free Car Wash
- $6 Million "Woolley" Dog Park to Open Oct. 23, 201...
- Rock and Roll Marathon, This Sunday, Oct 17th
- Marijuana Advocates to Blast Former Booze-Dealing ...
- Wes McKinley and Vern Wagner
- Update on Duck Lake
- One Sky One World Kite Fly for Peace, This Sunday
- Here's something you can do about the Purple Pipew...
- "I See By Your Outfit That You are a Cowboy" - fro...
- Huerfano World Journal endorses Wes McKinley
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.