Denver Direct: Here’s something you can do about the Purple Pipewater
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
(Please refer to index for background info.)
Ok. You’ve heard about this Lowry stuff being distributed to our parks and lakes and you are kinda wondering if there is some way to get this changed. Dang it! You walk your dog in that park and you want this purposeful pollution stopped.
Decentralized Information Distribution (DID)
Print a flyer for 5 of your park-friends. Go here http://www.scribd.com/doc/38864119 and download or print from there. It’s designed to be a front and back of one sheet of paper so you may have to finagle that.
Next time you take the pooch out for a walk – take the flyers. Talk it over with your friends. Take action.
Since 2004 its been pumping at a rate of 25 gallons per minute, night and day. I’ll do the math: 25 gallons per minute * 60 mins = 1500 gal/hr * 24 = 36000 gal/day * 365 = 13,140,000 gal/yr * 7 yrs = 91,980,000 gals (152 Olympic-sized swimming pools) since they started, and they estimate that they will need to continue pumping for the next 50 years.
at 9:32 PM
- Walkabout - Friday Oct. 29, 2010
- Bob Ragland - Non-Starving Artist
- Park County Judge Groome, reversed by Colorado App...
- Amazing what $7 million will buy
- Denver Rock and Roll Marathon
- Best Explanation of the Current Financial Crisis
- Free Car Wash
- $6 Million "Woolley" Dog Park to Open Oct. 23, 201...
- Rock and Roll Marathon, This Sunday, Oct 17th
- Marijuana Advocates to Blast Former Booze-Dealing ...
- Wes McKinley and Vern Wagner
- Update on Duck Lake
- One Sky One World Kite Fly for Peace, This Sunday
- Here's something you can do about the Purple Pipew...
- "I See By Your Outfit That You are a Cowboy" - fro...
- Huerfano World Journal endorses Wes McKinley
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.