Denver Direct: Amazing what $7 million will buy
Friday, October 22, 2010
Woolley Dog Park opening tomorrow, Saturday, October 23rd from 1 p.m.- 4 p.m.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Parks and Recreation
City and County of Denver
After several community input meetings, the site at Josephine between Colfax and 16th Avenue, was purchased in March 2010 as the future home of the downtown area recreation center. In March and May, two community meetings were hosted by Council members Robb and Madison where a dog park and a community garden were chosen as interim uses until funding for the actual building could be identified.
Capital Hill residents are excited to welcome a dog park and urban garden; both needed amenities to the downtown core.
Although voters approved up to $11 million in bond funding for land purchases, planning and design of a new recreation center in central Denver, the City was able to purchase the land and complete the land remediation, demolition of the existing building and other design and planning for less than $7 million.
at 7:56 AM
- Walkabout - Friday Oct. 29, 2010
- Bob Ragland - Non-Starving Artist
- Park County Judge Groome, reversed by Colorado App...
- Amazing what $7 million will buy
- Denver Rock and Roll Marathon
- Best Explanation of the Current Financial Crisis
- Free Car Wash
- $6 Million "Woolley" Dog Park to Open Oct. 23, 201...
- Rock and Roll Marathon, This Sunday, Oct 17th
- Marijuana Advocates to Blast Former Booze-Dealing ...
- Wes McKinley and Vern Wagner
- Update on Duck Lake
- One Sky One World Kite Fly for Peace, This Sunday
- Here's something you can do about the Purple Pipew...
- "I See By Your Outfit That You are a Cowboy" - fro...
- Huerfano World Journal endorses Wes McKinley
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.