Denver Direct: $6 Million “Woolley” Dog Park to Open Oct. 23, 2010
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
$6 Million “Woolley” Dog Park to Open Oct. 23, 2010
|Woolley Dog Park at 16th and Josephine, photographed on Oct 13, 2010|
Since Charles H. Woolley II, long-time Hickenlooper friend and associate, was able to sell this property to the City for $5 million more than the City’s most recent appraisal of record, I propose that we name the dog park, which was supposed to be a Recreation Center, after him: Woolley Dog Park. Kind of has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?
I sure am glad that we were able to get this done with Bond money, so we can continue to pay for it for the next 30 years, with interest, which will add at least another $5 million to the cost by the time it’s paid for. I hope our dogs appreciate it, as it will probably rank as the world’s most expensive dog park of all time.
Oh, and about that recreation center? When politicians say it will be 5 to 10 years for something to happen, they really mean never, because they will be gone by then. Unfortunately, the citizens of Denver will still be here paying for it.
at 3:07 PM
Post Comments (Atom)
Post Comments (Atom)
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- Walkabout - Friday Oct. 29, 2010
- Bob Ragland - Non-Starving Artist
- Park County Judge Groome, reversed by Colorado App...
- Amazing what $7 million will buy
- Denver Rock and Roll Marathon
- Best Explanation of the Current Financial Crisis
- Free Car Wash
- $6 Million "Woolley" Dog Park to Open Oct. 23, 201...
- Rock and Roll Marathon, This Sunday, Oct 17th
- Marijuana Advocates to Blast Former Booze-Dealing ...
- Wes McKinley and Vern Wagner
- Update on Duck Lake
- One Sky One World Kite Fly for Peace, This Sunday
- Here's something you can do about the Purple Pipew...
- "I See By Your Outfit That You are a Cowboy" - fro...
- Huerfano World Journal endorses Wes McKinley
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.
Post a Comment