Denver Direct: Donohue on Parks Zoning
Thursday, September 24, 2009
According to Cathy Donohue, former City Councilperson and the first woman President of City Council, the new proposed zoning code has a huge hole in it when it comes to our parks. As I understand it, Council would place the control of parks completely under Manager of Parks and Recreation. This would remove these decisions from change by the people in a referendum vote. Interestingly, Council and the City Attorney seem to miss the point entirely. It’s not that Council can’t make changes to the code with reference to the parks, it’s that they can’t give away the control to the Manager.
Many thanks to Cathy Donohue for presenting a strong argument against this change, and to Channel 8 for the coverage.
at 9:41 AM
- Note to Councilwoman Madison
- We’re #1!
- Poo Free Parks Proposal
- Donohue on Parks Zoning
- Pinon Canyon Expansion Blocked (Again)
- Colfax Cruise
- YouTube as Political Battleground (Updated)
- Romanoff US Senate Campaign Kickoff 9-16-09
- Lowry Vista Factual Data
- DeGette on Healthcare - Denver Town Hall - Septemb...
- What Does It Take to Fail in the Hickenlooper Admi...
- Anschutz Goes Hyperlocal
- It's About Time
- Fishing in Toxic Evaporation Pond
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.