Denver Direct: The Vote is In.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Mike Johnston won the delegate vote on the first ballot, with 64 votes out of 126. Rosemary Marshall, former state Legislator for 8 years, with 41 votes, was thrown out with the bathwater, and Anthony Graves, with 18 votes, was put on hold for another time.
The result was predictable solely from a media usage perspective. Sitting in the “video catbird seat” as I do, gives me a unique point of view. I get to see the daily hits coming in and, surprising to some, where they are coming from. Johnston ran a media savvy campaign with a robust group of volunteers, and, most importantly, he had the goods; youth, vigor, articulateness, intelligence, good looks, money (see ActBlue) and the ability to project his vision to the small group of delegate voters.
As we left the school, I happened to cross paths with Rosemary Marshall. “Looks like you’ll have to get ready for the primary now,” I said. “No,” she replied ” this was a wake-up call for me to start enjoying the rest of my life.” Congratulations to you Rosemary, you may be the biggest winner after all, I thought, as we walked into the night.
at 9:52 AM
- New Senators Sworn-in
- Update on Former Planned Parenthood Site...
- Commercial Use of Denver Parks
- Colfax Marathon
- The Vote is In.
- Johnston Wins in SD33
- SD33 Forum Closing Remarks
- SD33 Forum Question 7 - Democratic Platform
- SD33 Forum Question 6 - Budget Issues
- SD33 Forum Question 5 - Healthcare
- SD33 Forum Question 4 - Tuition Equity
- SD33 Forum Question 3 - Marijuana
- SD33 Forum Question 2 - Diversity
- SD33 Forum Question 1 - LGBTQ
- Denver Democratic Party SD33 Candidate Forum
- Colorado Legislative Trailride - 2009
- D's Daily Dish Distributes
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.