Denver Direct: Pinon Canyon Preservation
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Click image to enlarge
Rebecca Goodwin of the Otero County Historic Preservation Board reminds the House Committee considering House Bill 09-1317, to prevent sale of State Lands to the Department of Denfense, that the Pinon Canyon Site contains thousands of historic sites.
Oh, and by the way, the vote was taken and the bill passed easily, and now, it’s on to the House.
Update: (from Rep. Sal Pace’s newsletter)
“The Pinon Canyon Land and school protection act of 2009 survived its first hurdle last week when the House Agriculture Committee voted 11-2 to send the bill onto the full House of Representatives. The bill would protect private property rights by prohibiting the state land board from selling or leasing state lands for the expansion of Pinon Canyon. The bill should be heard on second reading on Tuesday, April 7th sometime between 10 AM and noon. You can watch the proceedings on Tuesday on Comcast Cable Channel 165 or on-line at www.ColoradoChannel.net.”
Background on Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site Expansion:
at 7:02 PM
- Legislature Moves to Block Army Expansion
- Senate District 33 Forum
- Denver Federal Center Dig
- Colorado Senate District 33 Vacancy Race
- Religious motto returns to new coins
- Denver Dems
- Is Councilwoman Faatz the Only One Representing De...
- Rosemary Marshall Announces
- Neighborhoods Oppose Plan for Advertising Signs on...
- Socialism and Me
- Sick, Delusional Zombies Gather to Recite
- Pinon Canyon Preservation
- This Land NOT for Sale
- INC: Put Parks Poo Plan on Pause
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.