Denver Direct: The Soul (La Alma) of a Community
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Amoung many other contentious issues currently swirling around Denver Parks and Rec is the idea that we need to close down or “transition” four recreation centers in order to save money. This is being done while $6,000,000 is being paid out (of Bond money) to purchase land for a new Rec Center at 16th and Josephine. The Centers being considered for transitioning are:
Johnson Recreation Center, 4809 Race St
La Alma Recreation Center 1325 W 11th Ave
Globeville Recreation Center 4496 Grant St
College View Recreation Center 2525 S Decatur St
At a public hearing at La Alma Recreation Center to discuss Admission Based Events Policy and Civic Engagement Policy, the Parks and Rec Advisory Board (PRAB), Chairman Darrell Watson allowed presentations by concerned citizens to speak about the La Alma Center. I can’t resist citizens speaking from the heart at public hearings, and so, courtesy of Channel 8 – Denver TV, I provide you with clips from that meeting.
at 2:14 PM
- Denver's Department of Finance Outsourced to Dalla...
- The Pot is Out of the Bag (continued)
- Barnum Park an Off-Leash Example
- Rocky Flats Not Cleaned Up
- The Little Lady Who Won't Shut Up
- The Pot is Out of the Bag
- Just a Reminder
- The Soul (La Alma) of a Community
- Can You Hear Me Now?
- Will It Matter That You Were Here?
- Proposed New Rec Center Shows Government Deception...
- Tavern Hospitality Group presented their Dance Cab...
- Note From Ken Gordon (Updated 12-6-09)
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.