Denver Direct: Denver Mayor Hedgejumper: Extraordinary Event? OK, Now I’m the Decider.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Hick and the Council of Cretins are getting scared. Now they want to make sure everyone is safe (before, during, and long after the DNC, and BTW, here’s $50 million), so they need to change the rules. Your free speech rights? Disappeared. Right to assemble? Gone. The City would be able to pre-empt you at every turn, and by the way, make sure you don’t use “fighting words”. You’ll be hauled away for sure.
Thanks to the ACLU for standing up.
“The ACLU also says proposals that would require permits for the free speech of “one or more persons” are unconstitutional. The ACLU letter claims the permit requirement “is broad enough to include one person walking through or sitting in a park with a sign that states ‘Repent Now! The End is Near’ or ‘Impeach the Mayor.’ Indeed, it is so broad as to include a person walking through or sitting in a park wearing a T-shirt containing such a message.”
Hearing today, Jan 2? I can’t find it on any agenda. Stay tuned.
at 12:14 PM
- Purplewater Plus - Part 4 - Memory Loss
- Hancock Lets Slip the Truth
- Taking a Stroll – Shanghai Version of Quiet Revolt...
- Denver's "Extraordinary Event" Discussed at City C...
- Only Love Can Conquer Hate
- And the Answer is ........
- Purplewater Plus Near You - Part 3: Ducks as Canar...
- Political Video Reaches New High
- Time Critical Information – Your health
- Purplewater Plus Near You – Part 2
- Denver Mayor Hedgejumper: Extraordinary Event? OK,...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.