Denver Direct: How to Re-create 1968 in Denver
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
- Consider, but then reject, the idea of allowing camping in the parks during the DNC. The Mayor’s Extraordinary Event Powers could have included camping in the parks, but didn’t.
- Grant a permit, for “free speech” purposes, to a large group in City Park, since the City would be sued if it were denied.
- Attach 10 prerequisites, difficult if not impossible to comply with.
- The kids show up believing they have a permit, braving the park pollution, and having the right to speak freely. As “free speech” includes not saying anything, it may also include sleeping between bouts of speaking.
- The police/troops will attempt to enforce the arbitrary 11:00 pm curfew.
- They will use tear gas and other mass control weapons. (Brown Note?)
- Instant Chicago 1968.
- Follow with multiple lawsuits against the City. Injury, denial of rights, etc.
- City (that’s us folks) pays out millions for City transgressions.
Come on – folks, its only camping (and drinking and smoking dope and probably some singing and getting naked.) You don’t have to give them a permit, just don’t try to arrest them. Common sense must prevail.
at 3:08 PM
- Starlite Drummers
- Denver's Wildlife Ecologist
- Camping Previously Allowed in Denver Park
- When Leadership Counts ....
- Dying Island
- Down and Dirty
- National Night Out
- Zoo = Animal Prison
- Meanwhile, Back in HD8
- Denver Parks Overview
- Tent State at City Park - Should I Stay or Should ...
- Denver's City Park as Radionuclide Dump
- District 8 Candidate Forum
- How to Re-create 1968 in Denver
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.