Denver Direct: Yes, We Have No Tomatoes
Saturday, June 7, 2008
On Friday, June 6, 2008, the Stapleton Wal-Mart in Denver, Colorado had no tomatoes for sale. No tomatoes in the store.
Today (Saturday) I spoke with Tom, the manager. He explained that they had been advised to pull all tomatoes from the store, and referred me to an 800 number for further explanation.
Be careful out there. Wash your produce.
Update: Apparently washing isn’t good enough – from a comment elsewhere: There is no bullet proof way to eliminate salmonella from veggies, as with tomatoes for example, the salmonella is not just on the skin and can be washed off, but absorbs into the skin of the veggie and spreads inside the tomato itself.
States with persons with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Saintpaul, by state of residence, April 15 to June 5, 2008.
at 12:18 PM
- Video in the UK
- House District 8 Candidates Respond to Pollution i...
- Recycling Gone Bad - City Park Lake - Denver
- 77 mph Theater Presents - 3 Loads to Denver
- Dangerous to People Inhaling
- Denver's Eroding Tax Base
- Protesters to be Allowed to Camp in Polluted Park
- Tent State at City Park, Denver
- Pinon Canyon Ablaze
- Denver - Local Invasion of Black Helicopters
- Wes McKinley - Reflections on Rocky Flats - Part 2...
- Juneteenth Parade
- Obama Supporters Needed for Juneteenth Parade This...
- Yes, We Have No Tomatoes
- Nudist Post Outstrips All
- Jail Cam
- Extraordinary Event Shaping Up
- Linkhart Responds to Pot Panel Question
- Not So B.E.S.T. After All
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.