Denver Direct: Denver Bond Issue and Mill Levy Increase
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Reprinted from YourHub, the internet/print offering of the Denver Post. I remember Jim Syring from the ’70’s, when we taught film classes at the Western States Film Institue. It’s great to see him still kicking butt and taking names.
My new address will be a cardboard box
Contributed by: James Syring on 7/30/2007
Thank goodness our millionaire mayor is so committed to seeing that Denver’s homeless have housing, because when hizzoner gets done raising my property taxes to fund everything, I’ll be one more addition to the homeless statistics.
I’m sorry, but I’m tired of us homeowners being the ones to bear a substantial portion of the burden of supporting the City of Denver. Over the years, I’ve seen more and more of my taxes go to support the Denver Public Schools until now, sixty percent of my property tax goes to an education system that is failing to educate our young people to such an extent that I believe it handicaps Denver in bringing new business to town because people don’t want their children in DPS. Sixty percent of my taxes, and I don’t even have any kids for them to dumb down.
Anyway, hizzoner wants to bundle a bunch of bond issues and force them down our throats come election time and it appears that the flock of sheep that masquerades as our city council will go along. After all, they’re all satisfied with their free passes to city golf courses and other perks that the rest of us taxpayers pay for.
at 11:47 AM
- Pot Pourri
- Pro - For Various Reasons
- Con - Vested Interest in Pot Prohibition
- Council as Educators
- Can We Learn by Example?
- Did Hancock Violate City Charter?
- The Big Doobie
- And in the other corner, we have...
- We're Not Closed-Minded Bigots...
- Bond Issue - Joe Anderson - Check the Track Record...
- Bond Issue - Jan Mares - I Can't Afford It
- Denver Bond Issue and Mill Levy Increase
- Part 1: DNA Evidence + DA Morrissey = 50 Burglars ...
- Part 2 - City Council Proposed Marijuana Ordinance...
- Come On, Let's Rehab the Whole House!
- Honkin' For Impeachment
- National Night Out in City Park West
- Nickel and Dime is Now $5 and $10
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.