Denver Direct: Come On, Let’s Rehab the Whole House!
Monday, August 13, 2007
At tonight’s City Council meeting, a 64 year-old gentleman laid it all out. The guy spoke truth to power. He said look at the track record. He used 1 million bond as an example.
Cost to taxpayers = 2 million
-1 million interest
-.15 million admin
-.50 million outsourced to developers and planners
350,000 Net for getting it done.
So for every $2,000,000 of our dollars we get $350,000 worth of result. He sited 4 or 5 examples of park toilet facilities which cost that much EACH! He challenged the Denver Post to go to these parks and photograph, for the people to see what they are getting for their money.
I sure would like to see the Post pick up the challenge.
Note: I have to watch Channel 8 on my computer because Dish Satellite doesn’t provide it. I will have a clip for you tomorrow if they rerun the meeting tonight.
at 8:58 PM
- Pot Pourri
- Pro - For Various Reasons
- Con - Vested Interest in Pot Prohibition
- Council as Educators
- Can We Learn by Example?
- Did Hancock Violate City Charter?
- The Big Doobie
- And in the other corner, we have...
- We're Not Closed-Minded Bigots...
- Bond Issue - Joe Anderson - Check the Track Record...
- Bond Issue - Jan Mares - I Can't Afford It
- Denver Bond Issue and Mill Levy Increase
- Part 1: DNA Evidence + DA Morrissey = 50 Burglars ...
- Part 2 - City Council Proposed Marijuana Ordinance...
- Come On, Let's Rehab the Whole House!
- Honkin' For Impeachment
- National Night Out in City Park West
- Nickel and Dime is Now $5 and $10
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.