Denver Direct: Part 1: DNA Evidence + DA Morrissey = 50 Burglars in Jail
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Denver District Attorney Mitchell Morrissey briefed the Denver Democrats (House District 8) on Aug 18, 2007. It’s great having a government official who is articulate, intelligent, good looking, and doing a great job. What a pleasant change from the national scene.
His briefing to the Dems gathered at the Whittier Community Center was concise:
1. The use of DNA to catch burglars is working. 50 habituals have been apprehended, tried and incarcerated.
2. The recently restarted Drug Court is working well (1200 people processed).
3. We really need to pass the bond for Public Safety, as it includes a new crime lab. The old one is falling apart and could lead to massive problems if evidence is destroyed (leaky roof) or lost.
See Part 2 for Q and A including City Council option of passing Marijuana Ordinance instead of ballot.
at 8:19 PM
- Pot Pourri
- Pro - For Various Reasons
- Con - Vested Interest in Pot Prohibition
- Council as Educators
- Can We Learn by Example?
- Did Hancock Violate City Charter?
- The Big Doobie
- And in the other corner, we have...
- We're Not Closed-Minded Bigots...
- Bond Issue - Joe Anderson - Check the Track Record...
- Bond Issue - Jan Mares - I Can't Afford It
- Denver Bond Issue and Mill Levy Increase
- Part 1: DNA Evidence + DA Morrissey = 50 Burglars ...
- Part 2 - City Council Proposed Marijuana Ordinance...
- Come On, Let's Rehab the Whole House!
- Honkin' For Impeachment
- National Night Out in City Park West
- Nickel and Dime is Now $5 and $10
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.