Denver Direct: DeGette Apparently Unaware of Bush’s Martial Law Plan
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
In October 2006, Bush signed into law the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007. Quietly slipped into the law at the last minute, at the request of the Bush administration, were sections changing important legal principles, dating back 200 years, which limit the U.S. government’s ability to use the military to intervene in domestic affairs. These changes would allow Bush, whenever he thinks it necessary, to institute martial law–under which the military takes direct control over civilian administration more.
at 6:02 PM
- Thank You to the People of Denver
- Elevated From the Comments
- So Denver is Totally Kewl
- Reality Check at Ruby Hill Park
- We're 37th!
- Michael Moore Shrugs Off Wacko at SiCKO Promo
- State Rep. Rosemary Marshall at Denver Dems
- Association Baton Proves Sticky
- Sen. Chris Romer at Denver Democrats
- Street Level at Colfax and York
- DeGette Apparently Unaware of Bush's Martial Law P...
- DeGette at Mercury Cafe - June 9, 2007
- As of 7:07pm tonight ...
- Making a List, and Checking it Twice
- Denver Mother Talks About the Surge
- Chimera in the Home Stretch
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.