Tuesday, January 28, 2014
By Dave Felice
Exclusive to Denver Direct
|Rep. Ed Perlmutter|
Rep. Ed Perlmutter of Lakewood is opposing a measure which would send the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade treaty through Congress with limited debate and no amendments.
The limited debate proposal is commonly known as “fast track.” Its official title is Trade Promotion Authority. While supported by President Barack Obama, the TPA measure is sponsored in the House by Rep. Dave Camp, a Michigan Republican.
Perlmutter’s Legialstive Aide Jeff O’Neil issued this statement: “Congressman Perlmutter has decided to oppose Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) or Fast Track. He still hasn’t made any decisions on specific trade deals, including the TPP, but after studying the TPA bill and educating himself over the last several weeks he has decided to oppose TPA to encourage more Congressional involvement in trade negotiations.”
Perlmutter joins Rep Diana DeGette in opposing fast track. Rep. Jared Polis has not decided his position on TPA, according to his District Director, Andy Schultheis. A group of activists met with Schultheis last Friday to urge Polis to reject the fast track measure.
The four Republican members of Colorado’s congressional delegation are silent so far on both fast track and the TPP.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership treaty is a massive trade deal, being negotiated in secrecy. Its provisions could negatively impact the environment, American jobs, and consumer protections under the guise of promoting fair trade among the U.S. and 11 Pacific rim countries.
at 5:44 AM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- COLORADO DRUGGED DRIVERS INVOLVED IN FATAL CRASHES...
- US 36 fifty-year privatization contract to be sign...
- Sonny Lawson Park Playground Installation
- Intercontinental Day of Protest Against the TPP
- US 36 Privatization Town Hall Meeting - Fri Jan 31...
- COLORADO STATE MINIMUM WAGE - Keeping up with infl...
- Perlmutter seeks more congressional involvement on...
- CRIME ALERT
- Publicopoly - WHAT?
- "Fight on!" vows Not 1 More Acre! as ban on DOD's ...
- We have to report you if you ask
- How long do YOU want to live?
- Highway 36 - Fifty Year Privatization Contract to ...
- Oxycontin - 17,000 deaths last year
- Exciting News!!
- I-70 will be privatized in a $1.1 billion dollar d...
- COUNCILMAN BROWN LAYS DOWN THE LAW
- CRIME ALERT - 700 BLOCK OF W. 11TH AVE
- HICKENLOOPER AND HORSES
- Colorado Highways are Being SOLD OFF
- THE DAY WE FIGHT BACK AGAINST MASS SURVEILLANCE
- Denver Mayor has approved the development plan (GD...
- Construction starts on DPS school being built in t...
- City Loop project at City Park
- Sign the Petition to Reject 20 and 12-story buildi...
- HERE COMES THE 4/20 TRAIN - VIDEO
- HERE COMES THE 4/20 TRAIN - Jan 13, 2014
Senator Irene Aguilar, MD P.O. Box 27424, De...
- FOR FEDERAL WORKERS (FOREST SERVICE) RE: POT
- PARKS AND REC INSULTING TO DONOHUE (Part 2)
- Denver’s Neighborhood Voice in the Wilderness
- Central Denver Recreation Center Press Conference
- A WAKE-UP CALL FOR GOVERNOR HICKENLOOPER
- LIST OF CURRENTLY ACTIVE DENVER POT SHOPS
- City Park West Neighborhood Meeting This Wednesday...
- PARKS AND REC INSULTING TO DONOHUE, CALLS FOR APOL...
- SO FAR, SO GOOD
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.