Tuesday, August 26, 2014
WHEREAS, Inter Neighborhood Cooperation adopted the Platform
for Denver Urban Parks in 2011, and
• WHEREAS, the Park Platform emphasizes protection of open green
space and community-based park use policies, and
• WHEREAS, Denver Parks and Recreation (DPR) is not to issue a
festival park permit in violation of the Denver City Municipal Code,
Sec. 39-12- Disturbance of the peace; and
• WHEREAS, under Sec. 39-12-Disturbance of the Peace, language
permitted for festival permits which is unseemly, profane, vulgar, or
obscene is not allowed and its usage in open public park space and
would result in a summons, and
• WHEREAS, Denver Parks and Recreation permitting has issued
permits for festival parks, in violation of Sec. 39-12 and the
Department’s own published rules and regulations regarding
Disturbance/Noise, and is likely to do so in the future, and
• WHEREAS, A permit in in violation of Sec. 39-12, was recently
issued for the Chive Fest at which unseemly, profane, vulgar,
obscene, language was evident in open public parks space and
heard throughout nearby neighborhoods, now therefore,
• BE IT RESOLVED, that until community based policies and
procedures are in place to screen and to manage permitting of such
events and ensure that they are consistent with standards explicit in
the Denver City Municipal Code Sec. 39-12-Disturbance of the
Peace, INC respectfully requests Denver Parks and Recreation place
an immediate moratorium on all open park festival permitting.
at 9:05 AM
- Dave Felice at Polis Rally, Aug.28, 2014
- Whittier Alley Loop - $7000 for a "creative urban ...
- DPR'S DANNEMILLER WITH REGARD TO OBSCENITY IN THE ...
- NEW PROJECT ON YORK AT 17TH AVE
- A PARK THAT IS A ZOO by PHIL GOODSTEIN - NAYSAYER,...
- "Every move you make..."
- INC Resolution on Revising Neighborhood Noise Ordi...
- INC Resolution on Disturbance of the Public Peace ...
- Forget Technology; Denver Turns to Its Employees t...
- Denver's Water Saver Cars
- CHIVE Fest neighbors described the excessive noise...
- Crisis at the Border & Immigration Reform
- Another excellent ad by the Romanoff team
- AFTERMATH TO CHIVE FEST by Linda Drake
- WHAT ABOUT THIS SECTION OF A64?
- "YOU ARE UNLAWFULLY ASSEMBLED" LIVE STREAMING FROM...
- DENVER CHIVE FEST RAW (WARNING: WHATEVER)
- DISTURBANCE OF THE PEACE: ANDREA MERIDA CITES DENV...
- DENVER CHIVE FEST: ASSORTED PHOTOS
- CHIVE FEST: ATROCIOUS USE OF PARKS
- Tim Pool back on the job, live-streaming from Ferg...
- CHIVE FEST: SHOW YOUR BOOBIES
- GUMBO LE FUNQUE CD RELEASE PARTY - SUNDAY 8-24-201...
- Please avoid parking in neighborhood areas near th...
- I Smoked POT in the RAT CAGE to SHOW Dr. WOLK what...
- Colorado's first mental health crisis hotline open...
- CHIVE FEST ON
- National Cannabis Consultant and Local PR Veteran ...
- POT SCORECARD
- DENVER DAYS INFO FROM COUNCILMAN ALBUS BROOKS
- DENVER PARK'S ADMISSION BASED EVENTS POLICY IS IN ...
- Assistance League Thrift Mart Sale - Tomorrow
- Chive Fest in City Park (meeting) turned out a fai...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.