Denver Direct: KEEP CALM AND CHIVE OFF – THE HANCOCK RULE
Saturday, July 19, 2014
Opinion by Gerald Trumbule
In a telephone conversation (7/17) with a DPR staff member I was told: “We cannot discriminate among applicants for Permits. If they meet all of the qualifications, they will be granted a Permit.” As you will see below in the Department Policy and Procedures – Admission Based Events, no criteria are set for the applicant’s purpose.
At one of the Task Force meetings mentioned in section 4.0 (pg 3) a citizen reportedly raised the question as to whether DPR would permit a KKK rally. The answer: “we would have to consider it.”
So according to DPR, any discussion about the character of the Resig brothers, their websites, their alcohol distribution company, their KCCO brand, or their sexist method of promotion, is moot.
Also note Sec. 3.1 (pg2) “Under section 2.4.4 of the City Charter, the management, operation and control all parks and facilities owned by the City and County of Denver for park and recreational purposes are under the exclusive control DPR and its Manager.”
Let’s call this the Hancock Rule: Chive Off (meaning, I’m the boss and you are not).
at 3:43 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- Community Rights - a new way of taking back our po...
- The Ugly Politics of Being the Change
- Agenda - Chive Fest Denver Neighborhood Meeting wi...
- Your Rights (Colorado Constitution)
- DENVER ZOO'S RESPONSE TO UPCOMING CHIVE FEST
- BUY AMERICAN
- Hiring of police for the 16th Street Mall is refle...
- Denver Zoning Code Text Amendment 15 for Residenti...
- Amendment to the Denver Revised Municipal Code, Ch...
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the pr...
- City Charter § 2.4.5 - Sale and leasing of parks.
- IMPROVEMENTS CONTINUE OUTSIDE THE MUSEUM
- CHIVE FEST TOWN MEETING WED. JULY 30th
- CHIVE FEST PERMIT NOT YET GRANTED AS OF 5:45 PM, M...
- KING SOOPERS RECALL ALERT - PEACHES, NECTARINES, P...
- Albus Brooks (Denver City Councilman) and Downtown...
- KEEP CALM AND CHIVE OFF - THE HANCOCK RULE
- CHIVE FEST PERMIT NOT YET GRANTED AS OF 10:45 AM, ...
- DENVER SET TO PULL IN THE BIG BUCKS WHEN CHIVE FES...
- City Park Friends And Neighbors (CPFAN.org) weighs...
- DENVER'S FREE-WHEELING PARKS AND REC DEPARTMENT
- Congress Park Street Repaving
- Join us in Denver as we rally in support of the EP...
- You Don't Have to Put Panels on Your Roof - Commun...
- CHIVE FEST - BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ANIMALS?
- CHIVE FEST - BEER BRANDING EFFORT IN CITY PARK, DE...
- MORE CHIVE FEST DETAILS
- CHIVE FEST - NO, IT'S NOT A PRANK, BUT DENVER PARK...
- IS CHIVE FEST IN DENVER A HOAX?
- New Bicycle Registration Program for the Denver Po...
- Filming in Denver Parks requires permit
- ACTION ALERT - STOP THE MASSACRE ON PALESTINE
- Brutal Jailers and Brutal Rulers - from July, 2014...
- New Law re: Colorado Open Records Act
- Jokesters in July
- Tours by Phil Goodstein - July-October 2014 Schedu...
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.