Denver Direct: DENVER’S FREE-WHEELING PARKS AND REC DEPARTMENT
Thursday, July 17, 2014
In a phone conversation DPR’s Chris Wilson said “DPR is under no obligation to notify RNOs (Registered Neighborhood Organizations) or the Denver Zoo about activities it schedules for City Park”. Indeed, Sean Andersen from the Zoo’s public relations department verified that he was unaware of the upcoming Chive Fest on Aug. 16. and RNOs have received no notification of this event. Although well advertised, no permit for this event has yet been granted, although it is on the DPR schedule as “pending”.
INC, a organization of over 50 RNOs, is not pleased with this development:
-“The City seems to continues to promote, expedite and provide help for those wishing to navigate the event scheduling process through Kevin Scott, whose title is Citywide Film and Event Administrator and who serves as the City’s liaison for event promoters. Mr Scott seems to have the ultimate power to make commitments to event promoters and effect permitting. Using his seemingly unquestionable authority, major events continue to be scheduled which could have significant ramifications for the City’s neighborhoods without notification or involvement whatsoever of RNOs or members of the community.
-What role and under what policies is Kevin Scott operating and what powers does he have to make commitments to groups such as the Chive Fest that they can begin the sales of tickets and advertising of liquor sales before a park permit has been issued or liquor license application has even been posted?
-What responsibility does Mr. Scott have to notify and involve RNOs in the planning of major events which will impact life in Denver’s neighborhoods? A major discussion item in the stakeholders meetings.
-How can the City of Denver justify permitting the Chive Fest event at City Park in light of the fact that an identical type of event was denied the use of City Park in 2008 due to the impact of loud music on the animals at Denver Zoo?”
See entire letter below.
at 8:19 PM
- Community Rights - a new way of taking back our po...
- The Ugly Politics of Being the Change
- Agenda - Chive Fest Denver Neighborhood Meeting wi...
- Your Rights (Colorado Constitution)
- DENVER ZOO'S RESPONSE TO UPCOMING CHIVE FEST
- BUY AMERICAN
- Hiring of police for the 16th Street Mall is refle...
- Denver Zoning Code Text Amendment 15 for Residenti...
- Amendment to the Denver Revised Municipal Code, Ch...
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the pr...
- City Charter § 2.4.5 - Sale and leasing of parks.
- IMPROVEMENTS CONTINUE OUTSIDE THE MUSEUM
- CHIVE FEST TOWN MEETING WED. JULY 30th
- CHIVE FEST PERMIT NOT YET GRANTED AS OF 5:45 PM, M...
- KING SOOPERS RECALL ALERT - PEACHES, NECTARINES, P...
- Albus Brooks (Denver City Councilman) and Downtown...
- KEEP CALM AND CHIVE OFF - THE HANCOCK RULE
- CHIVE FEST PERMIT NOT YET GRANTED AS OF 10:45 AM, ...
- DENVER SET TO PULL IN THE BIG BUCKS WHEN CHIVE FES...
- City Park Friends And Neighbors (CPFAN.org) weighs...
- DENVER'S FREE-WHEELING PARKS AND REC DEPARTMENT
- Congress Park Street Repaving
- Join us in Denver as we rally in support of the EP...
- You Don't Have to Put Panels on Your Roof - Commun...
- CHIVE FEST - BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ANIMALS?
- CHIVE FEST - BEER BRANDING EFFORT IN CITY PARK, DE...
- MORE CHIVE FEST DETAILS
- CHIVE FEST - NO, IT'S NOT A PRANK, BUT DENVER PARK...
- IS CHIVE FEST IN DENVER A HOAX?
- New Bicycle Registration Program for the Denver Po...
- Filming in Denver Parks requires permit
- ACTION ALERT - STOP THE MASSACRE ON PALESTINE
- Brutal Jailers and Brutal Rulers - from July, 2014...
- New Law re: Colorado Open Records Act
- Jokesters in July
- Tours by Phil Goodstein - July-October 2014 Schedu...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.