Sunday, October 23, 2005
Some are calling for a National Strike on the day after the death toll of American Soldiers in Iraq hits 2,000. The current tally is 1,996. We will probably reach 2,000 on Monday or Tuesday of this week. Are you ready?
1. Stay home from work. Call in and tell them you are out on a National Strike for Peace.
2. Stay home from school. Ditto.
3. Take to the streets. Carry a large sign. “National Strike for Peace.”
4. Be disruptive – be creative. A stalled car can stop thousands.
5. Talk to your neighbors about stopping American global aggression.
You probably have never seen a National Strike. I was in Peru once when a National Strike was called. All of the workers and students stayed home. They took over the streets. They dragged burning tires into the streets to stop the cars. They threw stones at commercial vehicles trying to drive on the streets.
I am not giving any advice as to what you might do. Be peaceful – no violence. Use your imagination. This war must stop – now.
“That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,…”
at 8:29 PM
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.