Friday, January 11, 2013
Dear Congresswoman DeGette,
Ray Ehrenstein writing you again. Salutations – with a word or three please:
It seems to me that the re-focusing of citizens’ attention on Gun Control is an effort (deliberate or not) to turn our eyes away from issues much more pertinent and important to the lives of us ordinary citizens. Instead, I see a Red Herring.
At the same time we are deluged with another illogical distraction; an endless War on Drugs which has really only “re-distributed wealth” while taking countless lives around the world. All that has been accomplished in this “war” has been establishing a new wealthy Mafia class and lining the pockets of gun manufacturers.
Our Nation has a huge national debt to address; folks need jobs; our immigration quarrel must be brought to a just conclusion. Perhaps most importantly, the necessity of Health Care for All Americans, should by now be plainly and painfully obvious.
Cannot you, Diana DeGette (whom I respect) look away from television’s current preoccupation with guns and fights with the NRA? The media will always seek after the sensational and will soon enough find another Hot Topic.
As the uncle of a paranoid/schizophrenic who was at least fortunate enough to be stricken while serving in the U.S. Army (and consequently has enough government money and free doctors to see him through a reasonable life)…I would rather see your attention directed towards other issues than gun control. Help the mentally ill find treatment as best we can under the present system.
However, please do not believe that you and your members can stop mad men from outrageous acts – with further limits on clip sizes and background checks. The recent school shootings proves exactly how easy it is to murder one’s mother; then with her Legally Purchased weapons, create havoc. If “Madmen are in the streets!” no amount of laws will dissuade them.
ONLY Universal Health Care for all Americans can help take most of the mentally ill off America’s streets – would you agree? As things stand now, if people do not become crazy at the “right moment”, like my nephew, they are forced to wander the streets or will be kept “Hush, Hushed” in Mother’s house, until they burst forth to kill.
I believe addressing universal care for Americans will accomplish more than passing unenforceable laws on gun control.
Ray Anderson Ehrenstein
at 10:56 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- Candidate Forum for Denver School Board Vacancy Ap...
- ACTIVE SHOOTER
- The Naysayer by Phil Goodstein - February, 2013
- Heads up!
- THE SEGREGATION AND RESEGREGATION OF DENVER PUBLIC...
- All Things A64 with Jessica LeRoux - January 28, 2...
- AMENDMENT 64 IMPLEMENTATION TASK FORCE
- Film review: Beware of Mr. Baker
- 2012 a Champion Year for Denver Area Home Sales
- School Selection Commentary
- Notes from the A64 meetings with Jessica LeRoux - ...
- Toward developing a commercial use policy for Denv...
- Denver Slated to Lose Critical Natural Area
- MLK Marade - January 21, 2013
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - January 20, 20...
- Notes from the A64 meetings by Jessica LeRoux
- Ginger Baker documentary opens in Denver on Friday...
- and is Gun Control a Red Herring?
- Hentzell Park Natural Area decision unjustified
- All things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - January 8, 201...
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board resignation
- The Naysayer - January 2013 by Phil Goodstein
- Parks Department considers business on public prop...
- Hentzell Natural Area to be de-designated
- Walkabout - January 1, 2013
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.