Wednesday, January 30, 2013
from Dave Felice
An active shooter scenario on campus is probably the most difficult situation to
predict, and the events will happen very quickly. Please be aware that if we are
faced with an active shooter scenario, that ACPD may implement several types of
activities, such as campus lockdown, shelter in-place and protect, AND
• Seek sanctuary by proceeding to a room that can be locked, close and
lock all windows and doors and turn off all lights OR exit the building if
safe conditions exist.
• Get down on the floor and ensure that no one is visible from outside the
• Call 9-1-1 from a campus phone or dial (303) 556-5000 from any other
phone to access the Auraria Campus Police Department (ACPD) and
advise the dispatcher of the events.
• Inform him/her of your location, and remain in place until the police give
the “ALL CLEAR” signal.
• If you are in a room that cannot be locked, place large, heavy objects in
front of the doorway to impede the path and vision of an intruder.
• If an active shooter enters your office or classroom, try to remain calm.
Call 9-1-1 from a campus phone or dial (303) 556-5000 from any other
phone, and if possible, alert police of the shooter’s location. If you can’t
speak, leave the line open so the dispatcher can listen to what’s taking
• If the shooter leaves the area, proceed immediately to a safer place and
do not touch anything that was in the vicinity of the shooter, as these
items could be POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS to you and others.
at 5:49 PM
- Candidate Forum for Denver School Board Vacancy Ap...
- ACTIVE SHOOTER
- The Naysayer by Phil Goodstein - February, 2013
- Heads up!
- THE SEGREGATION AND RESEGREGATION OF DENVER PUBLIC...
- All Things A64 with Jessica LeRoux - January 28, 2...
- AMENDMENT 64 IMPLEMENTATION TASK FORCE
- Film review: Beware of Mr. Baker
- 2012 a Champion Year for Denver Area Home Sales
- School Selection Commentary
- Notes from the A64 meetings with Jessica LeRoux - ...
- Toward developing a commercial use policy for Denv...
- Denver Slated to Lose Critical Natural Area
- MLK Marade - January 21, 2013
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - January 20, 20...
- Notes from the A64 meetings by Jessica LeRoux
- Ginger Baker documentary opens in Denver on Friday...
- and is Gun Control a Red Herring?
- Hentzell Park Natural Area decision unjustified
- All things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - January 8, 201...
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board resignation
- The Naysayer - January 2013 by Phil Goodstein
- Parks Department considers business on public prop...
- Hentzell Natural Area to be de-designated
- Walkabout - January 1, 2013
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.