Saturday, September 14, 2013
Be Aware of Standing Water & Avoid Waterways!
While rainfall has slowed in Denver, standing water remains an issue on some roadways. Be aware of the following when approaching standing water in your vehicle:
• Six inches of water will reach the bottom of most passenger cars, causing loss of control or possible stalling.
Bicyclists and pedestrians! Waterways and rivers are rushing with run-off! Even though the rain has eased up stay away from waterways and travel on higher ground.
If a tree limb is broken on a public right-of-way, citizens are asked to contact Denver forestry to assess damage and tree safety. For trees on private property, citizens can visit www.denvergov.org/forestry for a list of licensed and insured tree care contractors.
Denver Solid Waste Management collects a limited amount of branches as part of its regular trash collection service. Branches must be no larger than 4 inches in diameter, and they must be cut into lengths of 4 feet or less, bundled and tied, and weigh no more than 40 pounds. For more information about branch disposal clickHERE.
at 4:41 PM
- Hentzell Natural Area - Trappers 0, prairie dogs 1...
- THC WEEKLY NEWS by Jessica LeRoux - September 30, ...
- Councilman Albus Brooks is where?
- Open Letter to Mayor Hancock re: Elyria, National ...
- Amal Kassir on Syria
- Clean Water - Hazardous Waste Sites
- DPS COMES TO KILL PRAIRIE DOGS
- THC WEEKLY NEWS by Jessica LeRoux - September 23, ...
- Denver School Board Candidate Forums
- Follow up on 22nd and Marion proposed zoning chang...
- THC WEEKLY NEWS by Jessica LeRoux - September 16, ...
- DENVER FLOOD SAFETY TIPS
- Best coverage of Colorado front range flooding (8:...
- Mother Nature comes to our aid at Hentzell Park
- Bagging Ecological Concern by Phil Goodstein - Sep...
- The Naysayer of the Month by Phil Goodstein - Sept...
- Fountain Miasma by Phil Goodstein - September, 201...
- The fight for our own bank continues
- THC Weekly News by Jessica LeRoux - September 10, ...
- Free marijuana makes debut at Civic Center Park
- THIS IS NOT ‘BLIGHT’—THIS IS NATURE
- Friends of Denver Parks Make a Big Impression at t...
- MAYOR MICHAEL B. HANCOCK IS COMING TO YOUR NEIGHB...
- Boasberg’s Policies: Inequity and Mediocrity (DPS...
- Tune in at 6:00 pm today. (Public Banking)
- Stop TPP
- THE DENVER HISTORY INDEX by Phil Goodstein
- THC WEEKLY NEWS - with Jessica LeRoux - September ...
- Proposed 5-story apartment building at 22nd and Ma...
- Re-branding of Colorado
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.