Sunday, August 11, 2013
In an e-mail to CenturyLink Chief Executive Officer Glen Post, a company employee in Denver candidly presents his/her opinion of the proposed labor contract:
Dear Mr. Post
The contract offering to the rank & file is an affront to all the values the company claims to profess.
You & your bargaining team show disdain & disrespect for our union. Although you are a member in good standing of the most ominous union in these great United States. The fraternity of “good old boys”!
You sit on each other boards & determine your compensation under the guise of “free market”, lavishing yourselves with obscene pay packages. You then have the unmitigated gall to offer substandard compensation & benefits packages to the working class under the premise of remaining competitive!
In my 35+ year tenure with the company my wages have increased exactly 10 times. My benefits package has been reduced 25%.
One of the company’s guiding principles is fairness. Is this why in the last 35 years CEO compensation has increased by a multiple of 60?
This contract offering is a disgrace! It will be soundly rejected by the rank & file. A strike will most surely follow. The COMPETITION will move quickly to cherry pick attractive company assets. Management & labor will needlessly suffer.
Stop the greed. Offer a contract to the fine working people of this company based on the values you claim to embrace!
(Name Withheld on Request)
at 7:03 AM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- Development at 22nd and Marion - meeting onsite to...
- Deserted garden in the food desert at Curtis and D...
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - August 26, 201...
- Intellectual Rape of Colorado Product developers f...
- Plastic bag tax - what are the facts?
- Colorado public bank amendment (2014), Title Board...
- What is the Office of the Independent Monitor?
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - August 20, 201...
- City Park West Neighborhood
- How is a “reusable” bag defined?
- Udall plays both sides of the fence
- Billy Whitfield and Wes McKinley at Merle's in Lit...
- Stop the Greed
- Udall excludes Piñon Canyon critics from closed-do...
- Where are the free schools for Colorado kids 18 - ...
- Earth Mountain Farm hippies annual festival near T...
- 2013 National Night Out Events (Tonight Aug.6, 201...
- Forest fires a result of cloud-seeding?
- Red Cross Training
- Denver Community Emergency Response Training (Denv...
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.